Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There was an author talking about research about WW2.

There is Japanese info out there but in Japanese.

Is Japanese books not getting translated into English?

I would have assumed there are enough guys out there who can translate this?

The young girl types faster than I can see her typing! She must be getting an award for typing cos she is flying through that.

Hiragana is a simple kanji which is phonetic?

How would she know English letters and there sounds?

Do children in Japan learn English from an early age?

There was a Japanese presentation at a local college. The only Japanese phrase I know is Kongo gata junyosenkan. I didn't say that!

There is Japanese info out there but in Japanese.

Is Japanese books not getting translated into English?
Way back until the 1990s Koku Fan had 16 page English summary included in each issue. The translation was not perfect but it was accurate enough for the vast majority of readers.

Then and now Koku Fan and Model Art are probably the best magazines in their category but no English translations really reduces their usability. I am sure that if either/both started an English language edition it would outsell the Japanese version many times over.

Trying to use a phone app to translate those wonderful magazines is a total waste of time and energy.

Last edited:

Japanese begin to learn English at junior high school at the age of 12 or 13.
Some love to learn it but others as they can live without speaking it in the society. Only a few percent people need it at work. No enough manpower for translation.

Yes, Hiragana and Katakana came from Kanji to express basic 50 phonetic alphabet.
English alphabet and Japanese alphabet are selectable on the Japanese keyboard.

Kongo gata junyosenkan = 金剛型巡洋戦艦(Kongo type cruiser)

How prevalent is the English language in Japan? I would have thought English as a business language or even as a culture songs and films would be more of a thing.

Can an English speaking traveller get by?

Are you aware of the popularity of Anime in western culture. Also the terms waifu and weeaboo?

Kongo gata junyosenkan will not get you far me thinks.

Thank you very much for such an interesting post, MiTasol
Many makers built them and I saw some larger ones as a kid in the 1950s.
Tricycles were still popular even in the 1960s.
I remember the scene clearly as I was about to be killed by one of them

Source: 三輪消防車と「赤とんぼ」

Source:

Dear Shinpachi, Any recommendation about Japanese Traditional / Folklore Music Artists? And Also Any recommendation about Japanese songs, any genres, before 1980?

Dear Shinpachi, Any recommendation about Japanese Traditional / Folklore Music Artists? And Also Any recommendation about Japanese songs, any genres, before 1980?

I recommend "To my sister(妹)" by Kohsetsu Minami in 1974

"To be together again (あの素晴らしい愛をもう一度)" by Osamu Kitayama/Kazuhiko Kato in 1971 may follow

As you may know ARTESH, this Japanese Iranian girl Rina seems to be very popular not only in Japan but overseas now.

Yes, She is well known to Iranians. There are some Iranian Youtubers living in Japan, 2 most famous are:

"My life in Japan"

and "Japan With Negin and Takumi"

Unfortunately, both are in Persian.

---

Also this Video is about What Iranians think of Jaspan:

IOC President Thomas Bach is still in Japan.

Source:

Busy as a presenter

Source:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread