Japanese Gauge ID, Help Appreciated

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jedi500

Recruit
Jul 2, 2018
Hi, I was searching google and found a post from a long time ago where someone had a similar gauge to the one I had but not exactly it. If anyone could ID this part I would be very grateful,
thanks!

IMG_0757.JPG IMG_0759.JPG IMG_0760.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
(Front)
速度計(九六式)..... Type 96 air speed indicator (for army)
粁 X 10 ........... Km(/hr) x 10
第21717號 ......... Serial number 21717

(Back)
昭和16年4月製 ..... Manufactured in April 1941(Showa 16 year)
Marking TS (for probably Tanaka Keiki Seisakusyo) and ☆(Army Star)

(Front)
速度計(九六式)..... Type 96 air speed indicator (for army)
粁 X 10 ........... Km(/hr) x 10

(Back)
昭和16年4月製 ..... Manufactured in April 1941(Showa 16 year)
Marking TS (for probably Tanaka Keiki Seisakusyo) and ☆(Army Star)
Thank you so much for the information, I got this at a yard sale and knew it belonged to a plane but there was no way I would have been able to figure out the exact type. I really appreciate it.

I'm kicking myself, I bought that and what I think is an airplane compass (big circular one left) for $15 but left behind the item in the 3rd picture. It was in bad shape as it had no fluid and was attached to a wooden board but probably should have bought it.
s-l500.jpg s-l1600.jpg Compass.PNG

The compass plate tells -

羅針盤(二號二型) ........ Compass Mark 2 Model 2 (for army)
第70519號 .......... Serial number 70519
昭和17年12月 ....... Manufactured in December 1942 (Showa 17 year)
☆(Army Star) and TKK(for Tokyo Koku Keki Co Ltd)
Note: Mounted in the back seat of Kawasaki Ki-48 Lily

The 3rd pic looks like a Compass Mark 1 or Mark 1 Model 2 for the army which was manufactured by TKK too.

I'm kicking myself, I bought that and what I think is an airplane compass (big circular one left) for $15 but left behind the item in the 3rd picture. It was in bad shape as it had no fluid and was attached to a wooden board but probably should have bought it.
View attachment 500368 View attachment 500370 View attachment 500369
Definitely should have bought it. :) May I ask where was the yard sale, and were you able to find out how the seller had acquired these parts? GREAT STUFF!!

Definitely should have bought it. :) May I ask where was the yard sale, and were you able to find out how the seller had acquired these parts? GREAT STUFF!!
It was a garage sale on Long Island, they were selling their Grandfather's old stuff that he had brought back from the war. I had no clue what they were at the time but took the chance for a few bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back