Japanese Naval Units in combat 25 and 29 May 1945 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Keith1967

Banned
Oct 14, 2020
Does anyone know which Japanese units (flying Zekes, Jacks and Georges) encountered the 15th FG on these dates?

In the case of IJN, 302-ku was responsible for the defense of Tokyo and its nearby.
Zero(A6M) and Raiden(J2M) intercepted in the daytime while Gekko(J1N), Ginga(P1Y) and Suisei(D4Y) did in the nighttime.

302-ku in May, 1945
302-ku_May_1945.jpg

In the case of IJN, 302-ku was responsible for the defense of Tokyo and its nearby.
Zero(A6M) and Raiden(J2M) intercepted in the daytime while Gekko(J1N), Ginga(P1Y) and Suisei(D4Y) did in the nighttime.

302-ku in May, 1945
View attachment 706961
Shinpachi,

Were the Japanese pilots trained in instrument flying? I'm assuming the bomber pilots were, but don't know for sure. The picture above with the Gekkos looks very low vis, and would probably require an instrument approach to get in hence the question.

Cheers,
Biff

Well if the weather is bad at their home base then they would need to do some type of instrument approach to get back on the ground.
Yes they would Biff but I think yours is a general idea when the air raid was cancelled when the weather was bad in fact.
I heard many accidents in the night flights between Japanese homeland and Taiwan as the weather changed quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back