Japanese Zero Data Plate

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HvH909

Recruit
Jan 15, 2016
This appears to be of an A6M5 data plate, maybe serial number 2987. Can anyone confirm and maybe identify which unit this plane was assigned?

Attachments

• IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Where have you bought it .... ?

judging by the scratches it is from here ...

A6M5.jpg

the another one is here ... interesting, two the main data plates with the same info. Perhaps Shinpachi Shinpachi can shade some light.

A6M5_.jpg

Where have you bought it .... ?

judging by the scratches it is from here ...

View attachment 760565

the another one is here ... interesting, two the main data plates with the same info. Perhaps Shinpachi Shinpachi can shade some light.

View attachment 760564
Yep. But the most recent offering of this item (which was probably returned and relisted) only had the data plate.

Best I can tell is that the data plate is not the actual serial number of the aircraft. Perhaps a Construction Number which could lead to a serial number or this may also be a data plate for an Assembly or Part. I also do not believe 2987 is in the correct range for A6M5's.

A6M's had the serial number block painted on the left rear fuselage.

Edit; 10.8 kgs = 23.81lbs

Last edited:
製造所 三菱重工業株式會社 Manufacturer : Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
名古屋航空機製作所 Nagoya Aircraft Plant

使用機体 零式艦上戰闘機五二型 Airframe for use : Type zero carrier based fighter model 52
A6M5 A6M5

製造番号 第2987号 Production number : 2987th

部品番号 6012 Parts number : 6012

自重 10.800瓩 Self weight : 10.800 kgs

検印 Inspection stamp :

検査年月日 Inspection date :

IMG_4325_.jpg

Well ....it looks like it is a data plate used for the A6M5 part/component rather but not of the whole aircraft. Unless I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back