Jimmy Buffett donates two airplanes to Battleship Memorial Park

MiTasol

Major
9,855
18,715
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Location
Aw flaming stralia
I did not know where to put this so if any of the moderators has a better location please move it


 
Huh. I didn't know he had those. Glad they have found a good home.
When I was skydiving we played Buffett tunes on the drop zone almost nonstop. Great tunes, great vibe. He also owned a HU-16 Albatross that now sits at one of his restaurants.
 
They've been there for a while, he wanted them to be anonymous donations. They weren't revealed until after his passing.
I assisted in the Goose restoration with colors and markings last year.
 
When I was skydiving we played Buffett tunes on the drop zone almost nonstop. Great tunes, great vibe. He also owned a HU-16 Albatross that now sits at one of his restaurants.
He crashed his Grumman Widgeon in 1994 - dug a wingtip and the nose into a wave on takeoff in Nantucket, flipping it onto its back. Thanks to Naval survival training (required for a flight in an F-14 that Jimmy took), Jimmy swam out relatively uninjured.
He traded his '98 Cessna Caravan floatplane in for a '09 in 09.

Click on a plane to view pictures and info:
Buffett has also owned these airplanes in the past:
Jimmy was type-rated in all of them as pilot, as well as Cessna Citation 500-series jets.
 
I'm a big fan of "When the Volcano Blows" and "Fins"
 
His books make for really good reads, too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back