JU87-B2 Stuka - Interior Trop Schemes

Discussion in 'Aircraft Picture Requests' started by Zeke_Freak, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Zeke_Freak

Zeke_Freak Member

#1 Zeke_Freak, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    I'm looking for some good pictures of the interior of a JU87-B2 (entire interior, but instrument panel as well).

I'm also looking for some pictures of tropicalised Stukas that show both the paint scheme markings, and the specialized desert air filter.

Leif

2. Crimea_River

Crimea_River Well-Known Member

You can start with some here:Luftwaffe Cockpits. Go to "J" til you find your Stuka.

If you can get hold of a Squadron Ju-87 Walkaround book, they're usually great for these sorts of things

3. Crimea_River

Crimea_River Well-Known Member

Found a bit more just tooling around the net Leif, including a good one of the trop filter:

Attached Files:

4. Zeke_Freak

Zeke_Freak Member

Fantastic! Thanks so much. That's a great shot of the trop air filter. That site's great too. It's kind of odd how the rear gunner's ammo mags were stored in the back area. I haven't quite figured that out yet.

I'm torn between doing a tropicalised Stuka, a standard colors version, or a winter scheme. But I think I'm going to start with the standard colors, then decided if I want to winter or trop it. That should work, since the winter and trop colors were painted over the standard colors. I'm leaning to tropical at the moment.

Thanks again.

Leif

5. Zeke_Freak

Zeke_Freak Member

Question about the tropical Stuka photo. Does anyone know if this tropical paint job is anything close to authentic? The reason I ask is that it seems like a sprayed mixture of green and beige (tan), or maybe even green sprayed over beige (tan). I think the original paint scheme would have had them painting the tan color over the original colors, correct? Either solid, or mottled I believe.

Leif

6. AARP Hurricane

Teacher
    #6 AARP Hurricane, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
    Which unit do you want to portaray? Do you have a particular aircraft in mind?

Seats drawing from the Ju 87 B-2 Betriebsanleitung of June 1940

Attached Files: