Ju88 crash info (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Deadeye18

Airman
Jun 16, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a very small piece of a Ju88 and im trying to find out more about this aircraft.I've searched the net and come up with very little so I'm giving it a shot on here to see if anyone has any more info.I'll post a photo up of the part later after work.Ok here goes the aircraft is a Ju88A 5. It's Wnr5151 of 1/KG76 And it crashed on 19th April 1941 at slaughter bridge, Slinfold in Sussex. Does anyone know anything more?why it crashed?crew names?what code it carried?anyone have pictures? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Hello crimea and THANKYOU! For that great link. No that's not me,I use the same username on all the forums I'm on.Here's the small piece I have.Not much but still a piece of history.
20170627_190146-1632x918.jpg

All I need to find now is why it crashed :?:

The aircraft was JU88A-5 of 1/KG76, attacking London on the night of 19th / 20th April, 1941. It is believed it crashed due to fighter action, and dived into the ground at high speed, under power, engulfed in flames, and exploded. Apart from a very large crater, little could be found of the aircraft or the crew.
Markings were F1+GH, and the crew (all killed in the crash) were :-

Fw. Heinz Burghart
Obgefr. Walter Rudolf Scheidhauser
Obgwfr. Bruno Kalmus.
Ofw. Wolfgang Hasselsteiner.

Information from Luftwaffe Crash Archive, Vol. 8, Page 897.

You're welcome.
There are photos of two of the crew, and two pics of the crater, in the volume mentioned, but due to Copyright, I don't want to post them here.

No worries bud ill enquire at the library and see if they could possibly get a copy in on loan or something.

Hi, I know that it has been a long time since you asked this question but I have recently acquired a small piece of the same aircraft and it came with a note describing its history. The note claims that it was shot down by anti aircraft guns whilst returning home from its bombing run all other details are the same. Thought you might like to know
9C9DBA69-C8A6-47EB-B353-86861DD08AED.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back