Junkers Ju 87G-1 Tank Buster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bdefen

Senior Airman
Nov 26, 2019
Boise, Idaho USA
Revell 1/48 Junkers Ju 87G-1 Tank Buster. Wanted to depict a really beaten up Russian Front warrior. Painted model in silver undercoat, then used wet rock salt to create the chipped paint effect all over while air-brushing in standard RLM paint scheme. Weathered with thinned oil paints and black/brown pastel chalk. Still learning. I tie flies on that bench, too.
P2200001.JPG
P2200008.JPG
P2200002.JPG

Ah .. yes I have. The model has the extended wingspan what is a feature of the G-2 variant that based on the D-5. The G-1 had the wing of the standard dimension because it based on the D-3 plane. The noticable difference is the shape of the wing tips. The D-5/G-2 had them more pointed and rounded. Also judging by your pic here , the span of the ailerons is incorrect as well. With the extended wing these control surfaces were made slightly longer too.
But I like your model. Well done.

I had noticed that the ailerons didn't reach the wingtip. Thanks again for the input.
I like the research/history work I do with the models I'm building. It was interesting to me to discover
that the underwing PaK's only carried about 20 or less rounds of ammunition each. But apparently it was enough per sortie for famous pilot Rudel and others to destroy many hundreds of Russian tanks, etc over the course of the battles. The Ju 87 is certainly an iconic aircraft.

I had noticed that the ailerons didn't reach the wingtip. Thanks again for the input.
I like the research/history work I do with the models I'm building. It was interesting to me to discover
that the underwing PaK's only carried about 20 or less rounds of ammunition each. But apparently it was enough per sortie for famous pilot Rudel and others to destroy many hundreds of Russian tanks, etc over the course of the battles. The Ju 87 is certainly an iconic aircraft.
Here's a couple more from my Luftflotten:

1/72 scale Messerschmitt Bf-109E Trop, North Africa
Me109E Trop3 6-19.JPG
Me109E Trop5 6-19.JPG
Fw190 1 3-19.JPG
Fw190 4 3-19.JPG
1/72 scale Focke-Wulf 190A, Sicily

The oil/gunblast stains on the underside of the Fw-190 were done with acrylic dark wash, and it soaked into the acrylic paint - sort of looks like varnish. The Me109 was stained with oil-based wash and pastel chalk - looks more sooty, like I think it should.

To be honest the Bf 109E "Black 8" wasn't that worn. The two quite well known pics of her also show the different camo scheme.

Bf_109_E_JG_27_Black_8_a.jpg

normal_2A_Bf_109_E_JG_27_Black_8_Water_tif.jpg

the pic source: the net.

To be honest the Bf 109E "Black 8" wasn't that worn. The two quite well known pics of her also show the different camo scheme.

View attachment 570631

View attachment 570632
the pic source: the net.
I've seen over-the-desert photos of that camo scheme (maybe that plane), shot from a bit higher above, where it blends right into the desert below. That scheme I used was from the North African/Mediterranean theaters, but not authentic to Black 8, as you've cited. The authentic one was/is still beyond my airbrush skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back