Just watched a movie called "My Honor was Loyalty"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
Very interesting from the Germans SS side of the war, totally different perspective. In German with English sub titles. I understand German so the movie flowed better than having to read the sub titles...It was on Netflix

I worked with a guy many years ago (more like 30+) who was an SS Panzer Grenadier.
He wanted nothing to do with the military, but his father was a prominent figure in the community and he was 6 foot five inches tall, athletic with blond hair and blue eyes - therefore a perfect candidate.
And being invited to join the SS was not really an invitation that one could refuse, especially with the family's political prominence and he hated every bit of it. He loathed the SS and had very few friends in the ranks.
He survived the eastern front, the retreat from the Red Army and the battle for Berlin and his perspective of how he became a member of the SS and the ensuing events until war's end was a fascinating insight.

My wife's grandfather was SS, she had nothing nice to say about him. Pretty much a hard core ahole until he died..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back