Kotobuki engine Model 1-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
I don't think I posted this any where or any one else had as well. Sorry it is in Japanese but does have some good drawings.

Hope you enjoy it.

All the best
Paul.

Attachments

• Kotobuki engine, Model No. 2, modification No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3.pdf
    34.8 MB · Views: 274
Thank you very much. I have no problem with the Japanese script when I can't understand it, although I would like to learn what was printed, as I have a number of other Japanese publications, FAOW and Maru Mechanic, and find them very important when researching a particular subject. The photos, illustrations, and numbers are all enough. I would like to read about the aircraft from the native country perspective, the pilot reports, to get a feel for how they felt about it.

But then, I have a number of French, Russian, and German publications which are also very helpful, but as above, I can't understand the language enough to understand the aircraft from their perspective.

I've been wondering that since I met an old pilot who flew during WW1, a Tommy Morse, I believe(this was nigh on 55 years now, so I plead the heartless and chill ravages of age, and also must confess that the second sign of old age is loss of memory. I was once told the first, but alas, that has been forgotten), and he told me that to turn right, kick the rudder right.; To turn left, kick the rudder right a lot harder, which got me curious, not only about the aircraft(many years later, I helped reassemble a Tommy Morse that had been in an old barn for around 30 years, and was brought in on a couple trailers. I helped mostly on the Le Rhone, and learned a few things, such as the good luck mark on the cylinder top(a fylflot, swastika oriented in the direction opposite to the "popular" symbol, and to never hold one of the ignition wires when spinning the engine(naked #22 copper bell wire, and that magneto has an awfully mean bite), that the engine was a giant gyroscope, and that it wasn't a very safe way to fly.

But, being eternally curious, I began thinking of other aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back