Least favorite WW II aircraft manufacturer?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They should have had a real good idea of the performance difference without the turret and with the turret as far as drag goes. Where the 360mph "estimate" for a single seat version with the Merlin XX comes from is a big question.

It might have gone further if for some reason the Production of Hurricanes or Spitfires was interrupted. One or more factories hit worse than they were. They weren't, shortage of fighters wasn't a big problem and the need to half-a** a fighter out of the Defiant went away.

(Dutch) Koolhoven and (French) Caudron.
FAF considered their planes not only unsuitable for combat but simply not airworthy. (The Koolhoven fiasco predates WW2, though)

(In comparison, Finns used Gloster Gladiators in front line service in 1944)

I am actually on the opposite. Hawker being my Favourite manufacturer including after the war.....

The least favourite i think it is going to be Glenn L. Martin Company - Maybe with exception of B-26 I found their aircraft just simply Ugly.

Got a agree. Also Grumman was another favouite.

The hurricane was a favouite and the Hawker Sea Fury was, to me, the greatest piston engine fighter ever created. And Grumman, brilliant - didn't they have a motto "built like a battleship?". I like that and the fact that they were so ubiquitous with designs all over the show.

Lee

How about this?

Tshirt-SW-Target-Grey_zps184c3477.gif

still, nothing wrong with plain white

United-Colors-of-Benetton-White-Basic-Round-Neck-T-Shirt-9374-202081-1-zoom-original_zpsb118b2ea.gif

or white with a tasteful inscription...

Florida1_zpsb192c871.gif

or a cream tee-shirt with a tasteful inscription:

Cowgirl_zps09d4383c.gif

Then again there's

cough_zps225e230e.gif

Brewster would be my pick for least favourite.
Try as I might to follow this thread, this is as far as I got:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back