Liberator Mk II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

krakus57

Recruit
Dec 17, 2008
To anyones !

I need technical date and performance of Liberator Mk II in ferry version rebuilt in Scottish Aviation LTd - Prestwick and flight analys ( especially by take off ) !! .

I'm also urgent looking for :

" Handbook of erection maintenance for the Consolidated LB-30 Liberator bombardment aircraft "
edition by Consolidated Aircraft Corp. San Diego . California 15 April 1941
for RAF .

The first conversions completed by SAL were for four short nosed Liberators for Coastal Command. All the redundant metal was taken out and replace by plywood. This was a field conversion carried out by the Morris Furniture Company on behalf of the Ministry of Aircraft Production. There were no drawings for this initial conversion. Morris made the plywood noses for the SAL Liberators used by Scottish Airlines, this was calle, "The Morris Nose." Morris were involved from the beginning to the end on the SAL Liberator. Sadly the Morris Archive has no drawings of this but I do know that the company had drawings into the 70's and 80's. An Indian air force Lib flying to Canada collapsed its nosewheel at Prestwick and SAL had the draings to repair the work.
Enclosed are illustrations on the C-87 conversions carried out in america but Morris did it first as always

Attachments

• c-87.jpg
    c-87.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 332
  • express2s.jpg
    express2s.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 338
  • liberator express.jpg
    liberator express.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 301
  • nose.jpg
    nose.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 314
  • nose56.jpg
    nose56.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 300
  • mods.jpg
    mods.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 327
  • express6.jpg
    express6.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 300
  • express2.jpg
    express2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 8b09535r.jpg
    8b09535r.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 301
To anyones !

I need technical date and performance of Liberator Mk II in ferry version rebuilt in Scottish Aviation LTd - Prestwick and flight analys ( especially by take off ) !! .

I'm also urgent looking for :

" Handbook of erection maintenance for the Consolidated LB-30 Liberator bombardment aircraft "
edition by Consolidated Aircraft Corp. San Diego . California 15 April 1941
for RAF .

Hi Krakus,

about handbook ask here: Essco Aircraft Manuals and Pilot Supplies. We are the Aircraft Manual People.

Hi Krakus
I have a complete set of Liberator manuals, obviously I'm not going to part with them but if there is a specific section you want more info on I can post a scan or two, let me know.
Cheers
Gary

Hi Krakus
I have a complete set of Liberator manuals, obviously I'm not going to part with them but if there is a specific section you want more info on I can post a scan or two, let me know.
Cheers
Gary

Hi,

would you happen to have performance and range data sets in these manuals? Would you be willing to scan them and post them?

Regards

Pascal

Hi Krakus
Cheers
Gary

Hi, Gary
I do need range/fuel/bomb load data on early Liberators. Would yo very kind to share this very data.
I have Flight manual on B-24D (1942). But there is a chapter how to low fuel consumption (pp. 128-129) there are not direct figures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back