Liberator Mk II

Discussion in 'Flight Test Data' started by krakus57, May 10, 2009.

1. krakus57

krakus57 New Member

To anyones !

I need technical date and performance of Liberator Mk II in ferry version rebuilt in Scottish Aviation LTd - Prestwick and flight analys ( especially by take off ) !! .

I'm also urgent looking for :

" Handbook of erection maintenance for the Consolidated LB-30 Liberator bombardment aircraft "
    edition by Consolidated Aircraft Corp. San Diego . California 15 April 1941
    for RAF .

2. c1951

c1951 New Member

The first conversions completed by SAL were for four short nosed Liberators for Coastal Command. All the redundant metal was taken out and replace by plywood. This was a field conversion carried out by the Morris Furniture Company on behalf of the Ministry of Aircraft Production. There were no drawings for this initial conversion. Morris made the plywood noses for the SAL Liberators used by Scottish Airlines, this was calle, "The Morris Nose." Morris were involved from the beginning to the end on the SAL Liberator. Sadly the Morris Archive has no drawings of this but I do know that the company had drawings into the 70's and 80's. An Indian air force Lib flying to Canada collapsed its nosewheel at Prestwick and SAL had the draings to repair the work.
    Enclosed are illustrations on the C-87 conversions carried out in america but Morris did it first as always

Attached Files:

3. v2

v2 Well-Known Member

Hi Krakus,

about handbook ask here: Essco Aircraft Manuals and Pilot Supplies. We are the Aircraft Manual People.

4. RAF Liberators

IT Consultant
    Home Page:
    Hi Krakus
    I have a complete set of Liberator manuals, obviously I'm not going to part with them but if there is a specific section you want more info on I can post a scan or two, let me know.
    Cheers
    Gary

5. Pascal

Pascal New Member

Hi,

would you happen to have performance and range data sets in these manuals? Would you be willing to scan them and post them?

Regards

Pascal

6. Aurum

Aurum Member

#6 Aurum, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
    Hi, Gary
    I do need range/fuel/bomb load data on early Liberators. Would yo very kind to share this very data.
    I have Flight manual on B-24D (1942). But there is a chapter how to low fuel consumption (pp. 128-129) there are not direct figures.