Looking for a book on all 109 variants with dates etc.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hnbdgr

Recruit
Nov 5, 2013
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a resource that would have the following info on WW2 air planes:

Introduction of certain models (e.g. 109-g14) and to which units have they been introduced and when (e.g. JG 26, October 1944 etc)
When was MW-50, 100 oct, 130 oct, 150 oct introduced, to which planes, when and which units started getting it etc.

What I'm looking to do is build a relatively accurate timeline of a particular front with units so that this can be used as a reference for flight sim mission makers to decide which planes could potentially fight each other in a given location with a given time.

Maybe a book or resource like that already exists?

thanks!

Badger

I should add, the title says 109 variants, but really I'm looking for all FIGHTER planes if possible. The more popular ones are more likely to be documented. i.e. 109/FW190/Spitfire/P-51 etc

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a resource that would have the following info on WW2 air planes:

Introduction of certain models (e.g. 109-g14) and to which units have they been introduced and when (e.g. JG 26, October 1944 etc)
When was MW-50, 100 oct, 130 oct, 150 oct introduced, to which planes, when and which units started getting it etc.

What I'm looking to do is build a relatively accurate timeline of a particular front with units so that this can be used as a reference for flight sim mission makers to decide which planes could potentially fight each other in a given location with a given time.

Maybe a book or resource like that already exists?

thanks!

Badger
Abebooks is a great place for 2nd hand books.

Thanks! that's probably a good start. Out of those listed I think I'll try the operational record. The other two don't contain much in terms of dates it looks like.

If anyone's got any other suggestions let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back