Looking for a comprehensive book on the Mosquito Fighter Plane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ekim1999

Recruit
Sep 11, 2023
In 1996 I bought a book, hardcover, at Heathrow Airport on the "Mosquito". The most comprehensive book I have ever see.

It was not only full of photographs of the plane, with every variation on camouflage, even the civil marking used as a transport flying from Sweden during the war. But I was most impressed with was the detailed line drawings of every part of the aircraft. All the interior, the fuselage, wing interiors, landing wheel drawings, and how the armament was attached, and about everything else you would want to see. I have never see a book like it since. My problem is I had loan the book to someone, who then moved and took the book with him. Where he moved I don't know. Has anyone see a book like this? I have bought several books hoping they were the one I was looking for, but they were not.

If you have see it please let me know the correct title and author, I would like to obtain a copy again.

Thanks
Mike

In 1996 I bought a book, hardcover, at Heathrow Airport on the "Mosquito". The most comprehensive book I have ever see.

It was not only full of photographs of the plane, with every variation on camouflage, even the civil marking used as a transport flying from Sweden during the war. But I was most impressed with was the detailed line drawings of every part of the aircraft. All the interior, the fuselage, wing interiors, landing wheel drawings, and how the armament was attached, and about everything else you would want to see. I have never see a book like it since. My problem is I had loan the book to someone, who then moved and took the book with him. Where he moved I don't know. Has anyone see a book like this? I have bought several books hoping they were the one I was looking for, but they were not.

If you have see it please let me know the correct title and author, I would like to obtain a copy again.

Thanks
Mike
This is the best book on the Mosquito published to date so far as I'm aware, but it doesn't have everything you seek. First published in 1971, an updated edition came out in 1995.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the best book on the Mosquito published to date so far as I'm aware, but it doesn't have everything you seek. First published in 1971, an updated edition came out in 1995.

Thank you, I have checked this book out and I think it is the one I have been looking for. I looked it up on eBay and it did show the interior pages, and there were all the drawings I remember. I ordered it from AbeBooks who I have used before. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Thanks again
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have found the book I have been looking for, buried among tons of books I have. I guess it was returned, sorry about that. The book is "Mosquito FB.VI Airframe, systems ans RAF wartime usage" by Dave Brown. It not only has extensive line drawings of the aircraft but photos to back up the drawings. It also includes all the camouflage and markings of the aircraft, 1943-1945, full color. To me one of the best books if your just interested in just the aircraft and not the history of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back