Looking for info on Bf-110

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FYI - the correct term for your part would be Left Vertical Stabilzer. The rudder (missing in your photo) is the control surface that moves and is covered in cloth.

I don't believe your part is S9+CK, based on paint color.
S9+CK54.jpg

Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 01
Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 08
Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 13

In this photo you can see the W.Nr. painted to the lower right of the swastika. I can't see any traces of painted numbers on your example.
Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 09

Last edited:
FYI - the correct term for your part would be Left Vertical Stabilzer. The rudder (missing in your photo) is the control surface that moves and is covered in cloth.

I don't believe your part is S9+CK, based on paint color.
View attachment 585655
Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 01
Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 08
Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 13

In this photo you can see the W.Nr. painted to the lower right of the swastika. I can't see any traces of painted numbers on your example.
Messerschmitt Bf 110D3 Zerstorer 2.ErprGr210 (S9+CK) Alfred Habisch WNr 3341 shot down 15 Aug 1940 09

Nice use of some of my photos. :)

Using a copy of a photo in a book and actually "owning" a photo are two different things.
Speaking of photos, here are some more from our bf110 vertical stabilizer. Don't know if these help or not. The story is that these were found in a bog in Eastern Europe but I have no actual documentation of their provenance... The parts have been sitting in the museum for years without being displayed. John, I very much appreciate the photos and your expertise. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200616_164947.jpg
    20200616_164947.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200616_165012.jpg
    20200616_165012.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • 20200616_165056.jpg
    20200616_165056.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Using a copy of a photo in a book and actually "owning" a photo are two different things.
You want to go this way? On the one hand we have a real expert, who has written books, recieved well by his peers and well...you. Do you realley want to start an argument or must we be happy this expert is willing to share? I do not believe he made a point out of it besides remarking he is the primary source of the pictures. Never mind the information delivered with these pictures in his books. Never mind the hours of research for the underscript.
So i suggest in a very friendly manner to give credit were credit is due. Or even better buy some of his books. You will know a lot more on this subject.

MIAG/Luther produced ~200 Bf 110E-2 in 1941 + Luther is listed as producing 32 G-0 preproduction Bf110.

You want to go this way? On the one hand we have a real expert, who has written books, recieved well by his peers and well...you. Do you realley want to start an argument or must we be happy this expert is willing to share? I do not believe he made a point out of it besides remarking he is the primary source of the pictures. Never mind the information delivered with these pictures in his books. Never mind the hours of research for the underscript.
So i suggest in a very friendly manner to give credit were credit is due. Or even better buy some of his books. You will know a lot more on this subject.

Calm down Schnitzel.
My question was directed to John, do you represent him in some way? He indicated some of the photos were his and I simply asked how? I'm sure John can answer for himself if he so chooses.

Buh-Bye

MIAG/Luther produced ~200 Bf 110E-2 in 1941 + Luther is listed as producing 32 G-0 preproduction Bf110.

In addition to the above, Luther may have produced numerous vertical stabs/parts that were shipped to other Bf 110 manufacturers and or used as spares in the field.
As an example, in the U.S. Goodyear Aircraft built/assembled Corsairs, but they also built parts for B-26's, P-61's, etc. that were shipped to Martin and Northrop for assembly.

Calm down Schnitzel.
My question was directed to John, do you represent him in some way? He indicated some of the photos were his and I simply asked how? I'm sure John can answer for himself if he so chooses.

Buh-Bye
You posted a photo without citation which is against forum rules regardless of who "owns" it.

And quit being a douchebag.

You posted a photo without citation which is against forum rules regardless of who "owns" it.

And quit being a douchebag.

As my question was directed to John, it seems like you should mind your own business as well.

As stated above there was no workable link (or citation) with the photo to post. Simply have a moderator delete the photo if it's against the rules.
Here's the link you so desperately need, Tapatalk - Free Forum Hosting, Free Forum Mobile App...

Calm down Schnitzel.

Buh-Bye

Dude - I suggest you tone down your banter or your time around here will suddenly become very short!

How are the photo's yours? Do you mean they are from a website you may own?

I had the original 16 mm. film. Had it converted to DVD, and then published some stills in one of my books. I also put some images on internet websites for information purposes. Someone/people then scanned/downloaded them and placed them on t'internet. Ergo, there is only one place from which they emanated - me.

And I don't own any websites...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back