looking for info on binoculars for p-61 black widow (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jdsfloors

Recruit
Sep 1, 2011
hi i have a pair of ww2 night binoculars and mount for a p-61b black widow night fighter i was wondering if any one has seen these before and if there is any way of finding out info on the plane they were used on maybe by the us army air forces tag on side of mount. these were used by the pliot for gun optics from what i under stand i also have pics if that would help thanks very much in advance john

Just recently the Mid Atlantic Air Museum posted pictures of night binoculars they are restoring to the P-61B. I have seen them before in other pictures featuring the P-61. These are also talked about in a couple of books about this aircraft. My understanding of them is that as the Widow came within visual range of an aircraft, the night binoculars were used to get a closer look at the plane for identification purposes. Having not looked through them myself, I couldn't tell you if there are any markings on the lenses. How on earth did you come across a pair of night binoculars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back