Looking for info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Instal

Airman
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria BC
I grew up in Windsor Ontario and during that time there was a Spitfire at the Windsor airport that was owned by the actor Cliff Robertson and flown by a fella named Don Plumb. I had the distinct pleasure of sitting in the cockpit when I was a teenager. I was amazed at how small it was and understood what pilots meant when they say you don't get in a Spit, you put it on. Some years later I worked at a factory near the airport and heard aircraft taking off and landing all day long. One day with machinery running all around me I heard what I thought was the sophisticated growl of a Rolls Royce Merlin and went outside to see. Sure enough it was the Spit taknig off. That is the last time I saw or heard anything about this aircraft. Does anyone have any idea about her fate?

I think this is the Spitfire you're after Instal..

History of MK923

OH MY GOD!:D !:D !:D !:D !:D !:D

Graeme, I can't thank you enough for this info. My dad who is getting on in years will be thrilled to learn that this Spit is in a museum in Seattle. I live in Victoria so I will defenitely be taking a trip to go see it. Now that I read this it was Jerry Billings that was the pilot and my dad knew him as they are both members of the Air Force Club of Windsor. I could only remember Don Plumbs name though. You have absolutely made my day. I thank you again.

Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back