Looking for P-47D Chinese Makings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The squares you're talking about are from ancien Checkertail markings, 325th Fighter Group.
European theatre of operations was a priority and many aircrafts came from this theatre before serving in CBI or Pacific theatre.
Many chinese warbirds had several lifes, ETO,CBI and China again. For example many P-40s, P-47s and P-51s were in service in Air Commando Groups before, and before that in service in Europe, and so...
I put a 325th FG P-51B to illustrate what I'm saying, but as you can see the rest of the plane is aluminium.

080624091627106202211904.jpg

You see what I mean ?

This one looks closer than the one above, the tail is in full marking.

080624092335106202211918.jpg

This fighter group was very famous in the sky of Italy, and many pilots became aces with the Thunderbolts or Mustangs.
The clear painting zones were (from nose to tail) the name of the plane, the number and the limit of the tail squares.
But I'm quit sure these Mustangs are in aluminium, wheathered alu, of course.

This one looks closer than the one above, the tail is in full marking.

080624092335106202211918.jpg

This fighter group was very famous in the sky of Italy, and many pilots became aces with the Thunderbolts or Mustangs.
The clear painting zones were (from nose to tail) the name of the plane, the number and the limit of the tail squares.
But I'm quit sure these Mustangs are in aluminium, wheathered alu, of course.

Thanks Tao San :D

Seeing these profile I think that you are right... so now I cant start my new building... the P51C wih Chinese markings...

Thnaks for all helps !

You did a very nice research Job,

Best regards,

Lucas

Good News !!

Take a look at these pic :shock: :shock:

25-192.jpg

It's is probaly that I'm looking for !

The legend to this pic is this:

No. 205 of the 25th FS, P-51C-10-NT serial no. 42-103860, was named "My Mike" on both sides of the nose. Shown here flying near Yunnanyi, China, in June 1945, the plane was assigned to Lt. W.L. Peet, pilot, and Sgt. Dale Bleicke, crew chief. The markings are black checkers over natural metal, with a black fuselage band bordered in yellow.

51st Fighter Group in WWII

I think that the plane that I'm looking from these squadron, the band on the front of the checkers, and overall markins that was "overpainted"...

Thanks for all help !

Lucas

He, nice find !
If you're talking about the one with number 205, it can match, the 205 is small enough to fit with the clear patch of paint and the stripe is ok too.
Eh, eh, you can open the box, and prepare the tools, I think a model kit is on the way, and I will be glad to see it after it's finish !
Good luck, Lucke ... Lucky Luke ?
Friendly, Tao-san.

He, nice find !
If you're talking about the one with number 205, it can match, the 205 is small enough to fit with the clear patch of paint and the stripe is ok too.
Eh, eh, you can open the box, and prepare the tools, I think a model kit is on the way, and I will be glad to see it after it's finish !
Good luck, Lucke ... Lucky Luke ?
Friendly, Tao-san.

Thanks Tao San...

Take a lok at this file !

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-070725-118.pdf

This weekend I''ll starting the building, yesterday I bought a Kit from Academy P-51C 1/72 (I don't have more space to store more 1/48 kit... :( ),

I'll need to do some scratch on the tail to remove the dorsal fin that comes on the kit.. but this is easy...

When I finish the job I'll post it here.

Friendly,

Lucas

Thank you for the pdf Lucas, it will be very useful for me too.
Archieved and waiting for a specific search.
Very interesting thread from the beginning, I enjoyed !

This weekend I''ll starting the building, yesterday I bought a Kit from Academy P-51C 1/72 (I don't have more space to store more 1/48 kit... :( ),

I'll need to do some scratch on the tail to remove the dorsal fin that comes on the kit.. but this is easy...

Hi Lucke...

He,he,he....An interesting thing you said.Contrarry to you I have had to add the dorsal fin to my P-51B/C.That's a pity you didn't ask about the model earlier.I think the Revell one is much better model than the Academy.What is more the Revell kit is cheaper than this you bought.

Hi Lucke...

He,he,he....An interesting thing you said.Contrarry to you I have had to add the dorsal fin to my P-51B/C.That's a pity you didn't ask about the model earlier.I think the Revell one is much better model than the Academy.What is more the Revell kit is cheaper than this you bought.

I boutgh the Revell too, but it is on the way.... :cry: I´ll do my Revell with the Luftwaffe Cirkus Rosarius painture....

Yes, the dorsal fin is always a thing that we need do add to a kit, and I remove from my... he he this is the Murphy´s law.. :D

The interior of my Academy´s P-51 is done.. this weekend I´ll start the fuselage painting...

Friendly,

Lucas

Cool. Do you have any pics? If yes, I suggest to upload them in modelling section.:D

Hi,

There is no need to post the link here.Simply start your own thread in the modelling section and da,da...Everybody can see your work.:D
But if you want you can post it here as well.:D

Hi mate,

I have seen your P-51 model.Looking very good.Nice work to the cockpit interior.I have to start my own miniature of the "Cadillac of the sky".:D

I agree with you totally.Unfortunately there was not a big number of them serviced in Polish Air Force during WW2.Propably there were three P-51B/C Mustang with the kind of cockpit conopy.There are known pics of the Mustang PK-N serial FZ154 from 315 Squadron without the dorsl fin.:(

+ 1 about Razorback, the razor shape rear cockpit gives the P-47 a fantastic look, but I guess pilots were happy to fly with the bubble canopy for the 360° view.
I don't know if some of you tried to simfly with a Razorback (in Il2 for example) but the middle pillar is really cumbersome, no ?

Yes Tao-san.The view from the kind of cockpit of both P-51 B/C and early P-47s was really a trouble.Therefore the P-51Bs called in RAF Mustang Mk.III were equipped with the Malcolm Hood similar to the Spitfire cockpit conopy.To be honest some of P-47s were too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back