looking for pics of Halifax III NA 221 Z (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

colecj

Recruit
Sep 5, 2021
Hi,
I'm trying to track down a clear picture of the nose art of the plane my Grandpa flew in WW2. I've included the clearest picture I do have for reference
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Attachments

• halifax pdf.pdf
    16 MB · Views: 154
Hi,
I'm trying to track down a clear picture of the nose art of the plane my Grandpa flew in WW2. I've included the clearest picture I do have for reference
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
I should add; based out of Lisset Airforce base in Yorkshire England, RAF 158 Squadron

You are so lucky to have that one, such a pity it's a grainy image ☹️ Presuming the name is "Zombie" ?
Well, your post has just cost me a lot of money ! Just search for a book on RAF/RCAF nose art, I have wanted for a while and found it a half decent price !
Was going to suggest it as a possible place to look. However, I will have a look for you when it turns up 👍🤞 Just in case you want to splash out, I'll add a screen shot of it.
F3B8FF31-5CF0-4C6F-B516-683CAC6295DB.jpeg

Well, your post has just cost me a lot of money ! Just search for a book on RAF/RCAF nose art, I have wanted for a while and found it a half decent price !
Was going to suggest it as a possible place to look. However, I will have a look for you when it turns up 👍🤞 Just in case you want to splash out, I'll add a screen shot of it. View attachment 640644
Thanks for that info. There are a billion images of the most famous 158 squadron plane, Friday the 13th! I inherited all my grandpa's military things when we lost him last summer. Lots of history. Here's a couple shots of his log book. The note on the Hamburg submarine yard run where he notes a 3" shell went through the nose!

Attachments

• iypWuX28QVqQuEUwngULGw.jpg
    iypWuX28QVqQuEUwngULGw.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • ib%th3G3TyuCv5Bj6puyew.jpg
    ib%th3G3TyuCv5Bj6puyew.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
Was going to suggest it as a possible place to look. However, I will have a look for you when it turns up 👍🤞 Just in case you want to splash out, I'll add a screen shot of it. View attachment 640644
Yikes! looked up this book and that is out of my price range

few zombies in that book but not from 158 Squadron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back