Luftwaffe rudder pedals (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi everybody
as you can see here
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/start-finish-builds/1-32-hasegawa-bf-109-g-14-a-25857.html
I started building the Hasegawa BF 109 G-14.
For cockpit details I'm using the MDC kit that's quite good but absolutely not clear to me on how to assembly the rudder pedals, also because instructions are very basic
mdc0001acol-vi.jpg

PE parts no. 24 are nice but are them to be back supported by something? There are little resin parts probably to be used for this, but how?
Does anybody have a drawing or picture of these rudder pedals and how they were installed?
Many thanks in advance
Alberto

Maybe these can come in handy...

Attachments

• Bf109G rudder pedals1.jpg
    Bf109G rudder pedals1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Bf109G rudder pedals1a.jpg
    Bf109G rudder pedals1a.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Bf109G rudder pedals1b.jpg
    Bf109G rudder pedals1b.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 131
Thanks, Wurger, your pictures are really helpful even if I still don't understand if, behind the pedal there is a support or something similar (I don't find the purpose of some little resin parts supplied with MDC kit).
Alberto

You'r welcome. Unfortunately the sheet of the MDC kit manual , you posted, is too small .As a result there nothing can be seen. Would you be so kind and post the larger one? I might help then better.Also a pic of the part would be nice.

So, here is an enlarged picture of the manual, but for me isn't helpful
mdc0001acolres-vi.jpg

on the left of PE 24 is the pedal strap and then, two more bits.

Photo etched parts are easy to identify
MDCphotoetch-vi.jpg

but isn't clear, for me if parts no. 15 and 17 belong to rudder pedals or to other item.

Resin bits are these
Small_Resin_Bitscol-vi.jpg

First or second from the left could be the u.v. lights but I don't understand the purpose of the remaining
Again thanks in advance
Alberto

Don't you just love those instructions that are clear as mud. I would say the first resin part on the left is the one which attaches to the cockpit floor and to which the rudder pedals are attached. Parts nos. 1517 are part of the seat belt assembly
and are the leather pads that form a backing to the lap belts.

I think Magnu is right. However these rasin remains are for sidewalls ( crancles etc..) These are in 3 and 4 drawings of your instruction. These 15 and 17 like Magnu said.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg