M-14 or M-16? (1 Viewer)

M14 or M16 in Iraq?

• M14

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • M16

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lesofprimus said:
I think Macarther was being slighty sincere, cause Ive hauled an M-60 before, and 12 miles is a long walk...
Long especially if your caring one heavy piece of equipment

To me the clip you posted was funny because there those guys were firing what looked like to be a .50 caliber, then their all scrambling into their truck like a bunch of frightened rabbits after being shot at!

lesofprimus said:
Dont know if u know this or not, but I was in Liberia during all the fun there... Its all funny unless they're spraying that sh*t at u and ur Teammates....

There is a video floating around this website of those still shots in action.... Lemme see if I can find it...

No luck, but I found this one on my comp.... This clip signifies why u should always take cover....

Pegged the Ahole sitting on the cab with the smug face of immunity. How high do you have to be to sit next to 12.7mm with no ear protection and not flinch. Answer: Pretty friggin' high.

P38 Pilot said:
:rolleyes:
Well that was the craziest response to a soldier who had to carry a M-60 12 miles! M-60 is one heavy machine gun which is probably why they started issuing the M-249!

But at the end were you able to fire it though Alder? That would have been awesome firing a machine gun like that!

Um I fired the M-60 everyday actually. Its the standard door gun on our UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters. My unit just recieved the M-240H and we will start using them from our aircraft in September.

Attachments

• destroyed iraqi tank.JPG
    destroyed iraqi tank.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Me right before flight to Babylon, Iraq - Apr. 17, 2004.JPG
    Me right before flight to Babylon, Iraq - Apr. 17, 2004.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 64
No, I wasn't. Normally I pick up on these things, but I've been under the weather, so sorry if I was insulting in any way, cause it wasn't meant as such. If you'll excuse me, I must now mope around about my mistake, cause insults are never good, and now I feel angry cause I made an insulting mistake.

The M-240H is just a M-240 that has been modified for use from an aircraft with a butterfly grip like on the M-60D.

The M-240H is a 7.62 Gas-operated, open bolt machine gun. It can fire up to 950 rounds a minute but atleast in the Door Gunner training program we fire only up 200 rounds a minute. The weapon weighs in at 27lb approx.

The great thing about the M-240H is if our aircrat goes down we can convert the M-240H quickly into an infantry version for easier aiming and fireing from the ground. We could not do with that the old M-60Ds that we had.

Versions of the M-240:

M-240: coaxial version developed for the M-1 Abrams tank.

M-240E-1 D: pintle mount version

M-240G: Infantry version used by the USMC

M-240B: Infantry version used by the US Army. Includes Recoil Buffer and Heat guard.

M-240H: Door gunner version for Aircraft. Improved and developed in development since 2000.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
The M-240H is just a M-240 that has been modified for use from an aircraft with a butterfly grip like on the M-60D.

Versions of the M-240:

M-240: coaxial version developed for the M-1 Abrams tank.

M-240E-1 D: pintle mount version

M-240H: Door gunner version for Aircraft. Improved and developed in development since 2000.

240D is the coax for M-60/M-1/M-2/3. M240 is based on the FN MAG which has been around since the late 50's and was a contender in the Weapons Boards that selected the M60. Sadly we picked the BUORD POS that foisted the M60 on us. By the way, the MAG is derived from the Browning Automatic Rifle in which the action was used as the basis so it goes back a little bit farther then 2000. ;)

MacArther said:
No, I wasn't. Normally I pick up on these things, but I've been under the weather, so sorry if I was insulting in any way, cause it wasn't meant as such. If you'll excuse me, I must now mope around about my mistake, cause insults are never good, and now I feel angry cause I made an insulting mistake.

Wow. Les has more power than I thought. Les is like Obi Wan in Episode I when chasing the changling into the bar and the guy offers to sell Obi Wan death sticks. Les, I mean Obi Wan, then performs Jedi magic and makes the drug dealer "rethink his life".

Now that's power to be reckoned with.

JF3D said:
240D is the coax for M-60/M-1/M-2/3. M240 is based on the FN MAG which has been around since the late 50's and was a contender in the Weapons Boards that selected the M60. Sadly we picked the BUORD POS that foisted the M60 on us. By the way, the MAG is derived from the Browning Automatic Rifle in which the action was used as the basis so it goes back a little bit farther then 2000. ;)

No the Delta is a pintle mount version, so that it could be mounted on...

you guessed it Pintle Mounts!

We used them on our Blackhawks (well my unit did not because we still used the M-60D until this month, but other units that I worked with) until they came out with the improved pintle mount version the M-240H.

As for the M-60, I loved it. It never broke, quit, or jammed on me the whole 14 months that I was in Iraq, and I was accurate as hell with it. Could hit anything I had to flying at 150 knots, 50ft over the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back