Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll wait until someone more reliable than Peter King confirms that the Nigerian was indeed on a terrorist watch list. I find it a bit surprising that someone with "significant terrorist connections" is NOT on the "no-fly" list.

Yeah, because you wouldn't want to label a guy like that as a terrorist accidently. It wouldn't be fair.

I am definantly not surpised that a suspected terrorist was able to board a plane. Beauracracies are not the most adept at much of anything.

Last edited:
Hot Air Blog Archive Investigators: Terrorist wore suicide underwear made by top AQ bombmaker in Yemen
Included in the link is a video on how to make binary explosives-Very chilling.....

Yeah, because you wouldn't want to label a guy like that as a terrorist accidently. It wouldn't be fair.

I am definantly not surpised that a suspected terrorist was able to board a plane. Beauracracies are not the most adept at much of anything.

Nice way to twist my words there. I never claimed that this nut job (the terrorist) was being treated unfairly.

My comment was simply related to Peter King's claim that this terrorist had "significant terrorist connections" and whether there is any truth to King's claim.

Based on the info in your last post, it sounds like Security in Nigeria screwed the pooch big time.

Last edited:

I see, and appologize for any misunderstanding on my part.

I see, and appologize for any misunderstanding on my part.

No problem.

It definitely looks like this guy SHOULD have been on the watch list though.

It doesn't surprise me that this guy's flight originated in Nigeria either. International Air flight security can be a real joke at times, especially in places like Nigeria. So I'm not surprised that this guy was able to get past the safeguards.

All I can say is that it's a good thing he was stopped and that a real tragedy was averted.

Wealthy, quiet, unassuming: the Christmas Day bomb suspect - Americas, World - The Independent

Officials now say tragedy was only averted on Northwest flight 253 because a makeshift detonator failed to work properly.

Northwest Flight Saved by Failed Detonator - ABC News

300 very fortunate people. I think it's about time to take some lessons from the Isrealis about airline security.

Last edited:
Honestly it does not surprise me this happened. It was only a matter of time until a piece of **** f_cktard was going to try this again.

The real question should be how the hell he even got on the plane!

Yeah I am wondering that as well. I suspect he will of got through the checks because of the fact that their his underwear and they don't really check thoroughly in that area + it wouldn't really be noticeable as anything out of the ordinary.

Certainly though he should never of been allowed near an aircraft. Getting on in Nigeria would of been easy I suspect but how he got through Amsterdam and got a valid visa is strange.

Users who are viewing this thread