Mauser Tankgewehr M1918. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some accounts I've read mention the Germans using 'reversed mauser ammunition' against tanks - whether this was an interim measure or an allied explanation for this weapon / ammunition I don't know

And what effect had those ?

Is the normal Spitzer bullet is reversed it will exposed his flat base and lead core...a hell of antipersonel bullet but antiarmor ?, no way.

Actually yes it looked like a Four Bore but it also had some features of the Mauser. Also how long is the four bore because I remember this thing looked quite long from muzzle tip to stock and looked like the recoil would just about kill your shoulder after one firing...

Some accounts I've read mention the Germans using 'reversed mauser ammunition' against tanks - whether this was an interim measure or an allied explanation for this weapon / ammunition I don't know

I was mistaken - the first British tests on tank armour were based on its resistance to penetration by reversed mauser bullets - the 'Mother' test in 1916

All I'm gonna say is...

...what comes around...
tankgewehr01.jpg

...goes around...
WndRnrF2.jpg

Elvis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back