Me 163 Komet industrial plants

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kubaz

Recruit
Sep 14, 2011
Hey fellows!

I have a very serious question about Me163 Komet industries. I'm asking on behalf of my friend, whose father was forced to be a worker in Nazi labour-camp during the world war II. He was a prisoner of one of the Buchenwald sub-camps near Weimar. He (I mean the father) mentioned many times, that he was working in underground facility, a part of some compound producing German jet fighters Me163 Komet (he mentioned about their specification and starting mechanism etc. so there can't be any doubt that they were Me163).

There's my question - do you know any industrial plants near Weimar that were Me163 Komet producing compounds?

My friend want to take a journey to Germany to pay the tribute to his father, who survived the war, but was seriously ill because of the treatment there..

Best regards

Jakub Zak
Poland

The Me 163 was initially built at the Messerschmitt plants at Augsburg and Regensburg before production was transferred to Klemm Technik at Boblingen.
The rocket engines were built by Hellmuth Walter Kommanditgesellschaft (HWK). The company was based in Kiel,hardly surprising as Walter's initial interest was in submarine and torpedo engines. It is possible that they had a plant manufacturing components in the Buchenwald-Weimar area but I haven't been able to find one.

There is another possibility. A different rocket powered aircraft was being developed by Bachem with the aid of the SS. Conflicting programs run by different organisations blighted German production. The SS was by now almost a state within a state. This aircraft became known as the 'Natter'. Components for this aircraft were captured by the Soviets in Thuringia,not far from Weimar.

Cheers
Steve

Hi,
Maybe I am late to discussion!
Walter had rocket motor manufacturing plants at Eberswalde and Hartmannsdorf.
Does this help?
Regards.
S.

I suggest to contact Prof. Lutz Budraß for this question. He worked on the industrial infrastructure of the aerial industries in Germany during ww2 with special attention paid to the conditions and data aviable for forced workers in the sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back