Me 262 armored headrest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you mean "fixed" to the seat back, that didn't exist. The photo's in Post #2 & #9 show how it was installed. It was bolted to the canopy.
Most pilots didn't like it, thought it restricted their rear visibility and that they were faster than the enemy and had it removed.
Hi Mjfur,
Here are a couple more photos of the seat and yes it is fixed and looks nothing like the diagrams.
I also noticed that the seat harness shoulder straps are missing and only Lap straps are there - so something else to find out about and add to the aircraft if we can.

Unfortunately the library was locked today so I was unable to get to read the AP's for this exhibit, maybe next week.
R
IMG_7250.JPGIMG_7251.JPGIMG_7253.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jon
As promised these above are photos of the 262 in our Museum,

As "mjfur" has pointed out - this armour attached to the seat back is not original and was added by the RAF somewhere in its long history and journey from airbase to airbase around the UK.

Hope they are of interest
.R

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jon
As promised these above are photos of the 262 in our Museum,

As "mjfur" has pointed out - this armour attached to the seat back is not original and was added by the RAF somewhere in its long history and journey from airbase to airbase around the UK.

Hope they are of interest
.R

Thank you very much, Rod! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back