Me-262 Colors (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucke.stz

Senior Airman
Apr 21, 2008
Brazil
www.spruemaster.com
Hello,

I need some help with the colors of these aircraft, it will be on my diorama here:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/gr...r-battle-ju-87-stuka-litte-diorama-19846.html

I think that is RLM82 on all upper surfaces, RLM83 on "wave" sides, over RLM76. This is corret ?

Some pics:

imagem.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

Thanks you for all help !

If you're sure about the RLM 82/83, I would think that the upper surfaces (including wing tops) would use the standard factory splinter pattern with rlm 82/83. But the picture identifies the nose as RLM 81 so the camo pattern might be RLM 82/83 with fueslage mottling in RLM 81 or some variation on that. It's hard to tell from the pics.

As of 23/2/45 the official scheme for the Me262 was 81/82 over 76 (Oberflächenschutzliste 8 Os 262A.) Of course things were never that simple so close to the end of the war. Paints were being produced of inconsistent quality and colour.
The text strangely describes RLM 82 as "bright green" whereas olive green is more appropriate.
As kgambit says the upper surfaces were probably in the standard splinter of the two upper colours, RLM 81 and 82, but there were variations on this by this time.
Truth is we'll never know so you can't go wrong!
BTW I saw you build thread of "the Stuka in the barn" and thought it was absolutely terrific. The Messerschmitt will make a fine addition. I look forward to seeing it.
Cheers
Steve

Thank you kgambit and Steve,

This was my doubt, the pic legend was a lot of confuse :rolleyes:

I think that 82 on upper and 83 the sides mottling over 76, maybe this schema could be the most correct....

Steve, thank you about my diorama :D stay conected... updates soon

Last edited:
Hi,
Other source says(jagdverband 44 squadron of experten) aviation elite units from osprey
This aircraft was finished in Solid rlm83 over the fusalage uppersurfaces ,ending in a marked,but wavy,demarcation line about a third of the way down the fusalage sides.at that point,the colour became motteld over a base colour of rlm76

piet.

Last edited:
Hi,
Other source says(jagdverband 44 squadron of experten) aviation elite units from osprey
This aircraft was finished in Solid rlm83 over the fusalage uppersurfaces ,ending in a marked,but wavy,demarcation line about a third of the way down the fusalage sides.at that point,the colour became motteld over a base colour of rlm76

piet.

Thank you piet, the fisrt pic is from the same book !

Now the confusion is complete ! :D

I now guys ? Considering the condicions of the Jv44 at that time, I think that this profile could be more corret....

I'm always a bit wary of the single colour interpretations of photographs. I'm certainly not discounting them but some of the low contrast two colour schemes (like 70/71 or 81/82) simply don't look like two colours in photographs. The demarcation line oversprayed with a mottle of one or both colours doesn't help and usually shots with the upper wing surface visible are at an extremely low angle.If only the photographers had thought to bring along a step ladder we would all now have better references lol.
The 262 in the Deutches museum (WNr.500071 of 9./JG7 which was flown to Switzerland at war's end) has been restored in 81/83 I believe with Ullmann's input,and reference to original paint. It always looks like standard,RLM stipulated, 81/82 to me!
What a can of worms!
Cheers
Steve

Hello

Some more pics to our can of worms !

262_2.jpg

This pic is from Osprey, so on the legend says that the aricraft is the Wk nr 5000490, so on the pic we can see something like 111557.

But on the pic below, seens that is the aircraft I´m looking for, and there a no motted !

Maybe the Osprey book is correct about the color...

If it is the same machine it is possible that these pictures could be taken at the different times. Look at these branches on the ground in front of the port side wing.

I know the pic. But Ii'm not sure if it is the same Me262.Both pics were taken from two front directions ( starboard and port side) In the case the barn behind them should be seen fully with the Ju87D. But these in both shots look different although these branches seem to be seen.

Attachments

• Me262_2.jpg
    Me262_2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 686
  • Me262_1.jpg
    Me262_1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
Yes Wurger, the 262 on the pic below is not the same, it is the aricraft on the side of barn !

Take a look at the Wk nr number.

Innsbruck.jpg

Maybe, the solid color is right, with no motted...

Last edited:
ALso I would like to pay your attention to the Werk Nummer that can be seen on the fin.In the second pic it is not visible.What is more the swastika is without the white outline. Of course these paints caoule be made away by the weather conditions easy especially in mountains.But the white cross on the fuselage is still fine.

Anyway here is the next shot of an abandoned Me 262 in mountains.Notice please its worn out camo.

Attachments

• me262 captured.jpg
    me262 captured.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 848
  • Me262_3a.jpg
    Me262_3a.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 876
  • Me262_3b.jpg
    Me262_3b.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,000
Our posts have criss-crossed. Yep you are right this is the one on the side of barn. The Werk Nummer is the same.

:thumbright:

However if you have a look at the second enlarged pic in my #13 you will notice some wavy spots of darker colour around the cockpit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back