Me 262A-2a question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hoggardhigh

Airman 1st Class
Jan 6, 2014
United States
Hi all,

Many sources state that the Me 262A-2a (fighter-bomber variant of Me 262) was generally similar to the earlier Me 262A-1a variant apart from the addition of under-fuselage bomb racks, while a few other sources (such as airvectors.net) claim that the A-2a also featured increased fuel capacity, as well as reduced cockpit armor.

Anyone know which of these is correct?

Thanks

In Aeroplane magazine they state armor plate removed, racks added and additional rear fuel tanks. They had to watch how the fuel tanks were used as emptying the rear tanks first would screw up the CG badly. FWIW

In Aeroplane magazine they state armor plate removed, racks added and additional rear fuel tanks. They had to watch how the fuel tanks were used as emptying the rear tanks first would screw up the CG badly. FWIW
Anyone know where the additional rear tanks were fitted in the Me 262 airframe?

Anyone know where the additional rear tanks were fitted in the Me 262 airframe?

Ok I screwed the pooch on the use of the rear tank added. You used it first and was of 132 Imperial gallons located in the rear fuselage is all can find right now. Also it only had 2 cannon.

I dug up some stuff that maybe of interest to you. It's on my google drive here. There's a pdf, screen shot and folder with some pages in it. Enjoy.

me 262 bomber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back