Medelec Minimeca Tubing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

backtothewind

Banned
Oct 17, 2008
Firstly if this has come up before in a previous thread, .......... my apologies.

Has anyone provided data that converts actual machine guns/canons to model tubing size?

I want to replace the 0.5 on my Italeri P 40. I have not been able to find data with an accurate overall barrel diameter. I have however worked out a ratio from a 2D online sketch and it appears to give a value of 2.5 inches, scaled down to metric at 1/48 this gives about 1.3mm.

Does this seem about right? Would be handy to see a small spread sheet with various armament against 1/32, 1/48, 1/72.

Roger

That sounds about right, or at least acceptable, for a Browning .50 cal, Roger.
When it comes to scaling down weapons, especially in the smaller scales, it's difficult ground to achieve a scale size. I normally work on the old engineer's saying "If it looks right, it probably is right!"
Of course, on some weapons, if you achieve a scale appearance for length/diameter, you then have the problem of reproducing any cooling holes or slots.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back