Medical syringes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DarrellC

Airman
Jan 30, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I have to give myself injections, so I have a lot of syringes to discard. Has anyone come up with a use for them? Glue, excellerator, ect.

I once used syringes to transfer measured amounts of paint into a mixing cup, when mixing two or more colours together - might start doing it again when I start on my BoB collection, to ensure colour matches on models with the same or similar colours.

I thought about putting CA excellerant in one. Then you could hold the part and apply a small amount to set the CA. Didn't know how the glue would react to the syringe. I can see using fot gun barrels.
Thanks

Great for zapping flies too! A quick squirt of liquid flak, and down goes the fly.
Be advised though, that wives or girlfriends are normally not amused when they see paint splotches on the windows, curtains, wall, carpet ......

I have plastic syringes and use when airbrushing, one for clean Tamiya thinner for paint mixing/thinning, and one for alcohol for cleaning my airbrush. This way I am minimizing my use of the expensive T thinner.

Grau, thanks, I said I was slow. I use small syringes for thinner as well so my mental pic was of the syringe not the needle. Correct scale and physical form guns/barrels are available in resin. Think Terry posted some links a while back

The size of the syringe needle required for gun barrels would obviously depend on the weapon in question, and the scale it's being modelled in.
For example, a 20mm cannon barrel, in full size, would be approximately 35mm to 40mm in diameter, depending on weapon type. So, in 1/48th scale for example, this would be 0.73 to 0.83 mm. In most cases, you'd probably get away with a 1 mm outside diameter needle in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back