mig 21 prototype using the MF variant?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aurelien wolff

Airman 1st Class
Sep 20, 2018
Hello, I know about the mig 21 MF with volk gunsight talked in russian famous aircraft but I don't know if there are other prototype using this variant or not.
THanks for your answers, asking because I got a KP that I want to do as a what if hungarian mig 21.

from the book "famous russian fighter" on the mig 21 page 153, it's a gunsight that was fitted for test on a MF in 1973, it was a computing gunsight.

Oh... the Wolf analog system... As memo serves all MiG-21MFs used by the countries of the Warsaw Pact (except of the USSR of course) were the debased variants of the Russian original plane. Their equipment was really different from the soviet one often. So I don't think a such system could be attached to the export aircraft including the Hungarian ones. Actually I'm not sure if the Wolf gunsight was developed into another one used later. But it is very likely the developed gunsight could have been used for fighter-bombers like MiG-23BN, Mig-27, Su-25 or Su-17 series etc ... However you are going to make the model of a MiG-21 as the "What if" kite and this allows you to use of some of the artistic licence. In the case that could be possible to use it for the other variants.

ok! Not sure about the hungarian what if color scheme yet but it'll have the gunsight (I like doing what if export version of prototype, per example using a mig 21 PF for a ye 7R prototype using the pod from the mig 21R from eduard, said R being use for one turn in an interceptor)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back