MiG 3 now flyable!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It was the feature of MiG1/3. The landing speed 140-144,5 km/h was due to its aerodynamics. So I think you are right.

Jeez. Kinda scary for a small fighter with little distance between main gear and Russia's notoriously rough airfields. But hey. The Bf109 did it with even smaller distance between gear. What do I know...

Awesome! I love seeing rare birds fly again. Does anyone know of any other WWII-era Russian planes that are still flyable? Or just static, for that matter? They don't seem to pop up much.

Its nice to see a Mig 3 fly....well it sure flies a lot better than my county's Mig 21.....:lol:

Its nice to see a Mig 3 fly....well it sure flies a lot better than my county's Mig 21.....:lol:
Is saw your MiGs when were returning from MAKS 2007 :D

In Poland we called them "pencils". There are a lot of peoples in my country which served on MiGs and they had very good opinion about high reliability of 21's. But I know what are you talking about, our MiGs weren't modernised by Israel... :lol:

Well Mig is a very capable aircraft when you have money to take care of it but since they barely fly them and they don't have money for fuel and maintenance they just fall from the sky like flies...

The Russian airframe is very simple to maintain, in Poland people say " If it doesn't fit, just take a bigger hammer" ;)
I think that Rumanian mechanics has a trouble with assuring high reability of Israeli avionics.

It may be simple to maintain but they still need money and when you don't have what you need you improvise....obvious these improvisation didn't worked that well...anyway apparently they will replace the old Mig 21 with Typhoons in 2008...I can't wait to see how they are going to butcher those too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back