MIG Acrylic Paints (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hello everybody, I purchased some MIG paints and they look very good, but I have a question, do you know if they can be mixed with Tamiya paints? Many tanks in advance. Alberto

I have no direct experience but as paint mixtures are propitiatory to each manufacturer I would do my own testing to be sure. The same with thinners I make it a rule to thin my paints only with that manufacturer's brand name thinner

I have no direct experience but as paint mixtures are propitiatory to each manufacturer I would do my own testing to be sure. The same with thinners I make it a rule to thin my paints only with that manufacturer's brand name thinner
Hi, many thanks for your answer. In facts I just need to darken a bit a light grey color made by MIG and I only have a black color from Tamiya. Both seems to be alcool based, so it should work, but I will do some tests first.

Well, so far the my tests are good. I mixed MIG Light Compass Grey (A.MIG-0203) with KColors Interior Black in the aprox range of 80/20 and it works. Both are water based acrylics and painted on my models. Probably will work with all water based paints.
Tamiya is alcohol based, so it's good you didn't try to mix the MIG with the Tamiya.

Should still work, although of course test first.
I don't use acrylics much, but I have thinned both water-based and alcohol based acrylics with water, and with IPA, and have successfully mixed different brands, for example, mixed Vallejo with Tamiya, and Tamiya with Revell.
I must add that these have only been for small amounts - for anything serious, I use real paint ........ enamels !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back