Militaria Collecting (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While repacking some boxes in preparation of moving into our new house in 2 weeks I came upon an old Soviet Naval Ensign. I got this in Germany back in 1990.

Dimlee Dimlee could you possibly translate the stamped words on the side?

View attachment 673457View attachment 673458View attachment 673459

Can't wait to get moved in to our new house so I can set up my "war room" aka mini-museum and display all my uniforms and collection.
Use google lens

галантерейная ф-ка - it is a factory stamp of the haberdashery factory "Vladimir" or Vladimirskoe OOO "Рассвет" ( Dawn ) , formerly, the textile and haberdashery factory "Вымпел" ( Pennant ). The "OOO" ( Общество Ограниченной Ответственности ) means LLC.

ГОСТ 8498-81 - number of the General technical requirements ( in the case for marine flags ) see ... https://meganorm.ru/Data/77/7762.pdf

the round small stamp is the technical/quality control one as memo serves.

галантерейная ф-ка - it is a factory stamp of the haberdashery factory "Vladimir" or Vladimirskoe OOO "Рассвет" ( Dawn ) , formerly, the textile and haberdashery factory "Вымпел" ( Pennant ). The "OOO" ( Общество Ограниченной Ответственности ) means LLC.

ГОСТ 8498-81 - number of the General technical requirements ( in the case for marine flags ) see ... https://meganorm.ru/Data/77/7762.pdf

Thank you!

Going through some boxes the other day and came across my Bulgarian M36 helmet.

20211004_225744.jpg

Correct.
Interesting word галантерейная It was widely used since the 18th century in the Russian language but almost disappeared in the post-Soviet period.

I don't have as much stuff as any of the rest displayed her, but I do have a few things:
  • a Heer Schiffchen (sidecap) left to me by my grandfather (see my avatar), which he wore through most of his travels in WW2.
  • a Fliegerspange left to me by a friend of my father's, who got in in 1945. He was 17, and was shot down three times in 1945, escaping with minor injuries each time.
  • a commemorative medallion cast from a T-55 that was issued to South African troops after one of the missions into Angola, left to me by my father-in-law.
  • my own sidecap that I wore in the late '80s in the South African Air Force.
  • a booklet issued by the Luftwaffe in the mid 1930s to encourage youngsters to join up as pilots.
  • a collection of Third Reich coins in all denominations dated 1944.

Well, IDK if you call these "militaria" or not ...

But here are what remained from my days in Army!

IMG_20220711_003134.jpg

A piece of my service uniform as a Corporal, before officially joining the Army as Sergeant.

IMG_20220711_003449.jpg

A piece of my "beloved" camo uniform. This one is for the time that I was assigned to the Military Museum at Saadabad palace.

IMG_20220711_003210.jpg

Insignia of Iranian Army Ground Forces. Military Police is not part of GF, but is attached to the Joint Staff. Each Brigade has one MP Battalion / Company attached to it, usually CO is a Captain.

IMG_20220711_003227.jpg

Official Iranian Army insignia. In the circle above is the Islamic regime symbol, under that, is the national motto, which unfortunately is not in Persian, but in Arabic and reads as

"و ان جندنا لهم الغالبون"

"And Surely our Soldiers are victorious"

Below that is the Army Joint Staff insignia, which includes:

Three Colour Circles in National Flag Colors, Green White and Red

An Eagle, representing Air Force [ and Air Defence Corps]

An Anchor, representing Navy

Two Crossed Swords, representing Ground Forces

Under them is written "Islamic Republic of Iran Army" aka Artesh [yup, that's my username]

This small one, colored in Gold, is for use by Cadre personnel on Beret hats. The MP uses Black beret.

Lastly is the rank insignia of Corporal and MP Branch Insignia.

IMG_20220711_003252.jpg

Mainly28s Mainly28s , if it's possible, may I ask for your Service hat from SA AF, please?
I'm afraid not- it's got sentimental value beyond price for me- I wore it for two years continuous service, plus another six month-long "camps", and it has travelled with me since it was issued to me in 1988.
I may (no guarantees) be able to source another one, if that's any help.

My mother's oldest brother flew B-25's in the CBI. For a long time, I didn't know the story behind this knife made by Springfield Armory in 1914. During WW2, cavalry sabers were cut into three pieces each of which was made into a knife.

Attachments

• CIMG1202.JPG
    CIMG1202.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG1198.jpg
    CIMG1198.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 20
I'm afraid not- it's got sentimental value beyond price for me- I wore it for two years continuous service, plus another six month-long "camps", and it has travelled with me since it was issued to me in 1988.
I may (no guarantees) be able to source another one, if that's any help.
My bad! I forgot to mention "photos" from your service hat.

My apologies.

My bad! I forgot to mention "photos" from your service hat.

My apologies.
LOL, yes, we can easily miss a word when writing posts!

Photos? No problem.
My grandfather's Schiffchen, my flight cap and my bush hat.
As I wore my blues more than the combat clothing, the blue is more faded. The bush hat could be faded to almost a grey-beige colour if worn continuously.
PXL_20220711_072801497.jpgPXL_20220711_072824031.jpgPXL_20220711_073430302.jpg

Going through a box and came across something I completely forgot I had - Beret with Middle Eastern ties.

A bit of a mystery as to it's origins, though.

How I came to own it, adds to the mystique - many years ago, I was building an undercover vehicle for the U.S. Forest service and the vehicle was a Ford F-150, only a couple years old. It had been drawn from the GSA motor pool but was in really good shape.
I had to run a wiring harness to the center (stock) console via the dash. For undercover builds, I used to route the wiring high up in the dash, above the glove box and behind the passenger side airbag.

Well, lo and behold, I discovered this beret shoved way up behind the airbag, resting on the heater box. There is no way it could have gotten up there other than deliberately, as you have to open the glove box (past the stops) in order to get up there.

Out of curiosity, I got hold of the USFS fleet manager and asked if this pickup had been in the middle east and she said it had been and recently been shipped back stateside with a batch of other vehicles, but that's all she knew.

And here it is:

20230113_193022.jpg

On the inside, is a label. Not sure what language it is, to be honest.

20230113_192716.jpg

My mother's oldest brother flew B-25's in the CBI. For a long time, I didn't know the story behind this knife made by Springfield Armory in 1914. During WW2, cavalry sabers were cut into three pieces each of which was made into a knife.
Hi Bob,

Those knives were made in Glendale California by a machinist name Anderson.

Your handle has been replaced, originally it would have either been brown or Grey bakelite.

Going through a box and came across something I completely forgot I had - Beret with Middle Eastern ties.

A bit of a mystery as to it's origins, though.

How I came to own it, adds to the mystique - many years ago, I was building an undercover vehicle for the U.S. Forest service and the vehicle was a Ford F-150, only a couple years old. It had been drawn from the GSA motor pool but was in really good shape.
I had to run a wiring harness to the center (stock) console via the dash. For undercover builds, I used to route the wiring high up in the dash, above the glove box and behind the passenger side airbag.

Well, lo and behold, I discovered this beret shoved way up behind the airbag, resting on the heater box. There is no way it could have gotten up there other than deliberately, as you have to open the glove box (past the stops) in order to get up there.

Out of curiosity, I got hold of the USFS fleet manager and asked if this pickup had been in the middle east and she said it had been and recently been shipped back stateside with a batch of other vehicles, but that's all she knew.

And here it is:

View attachment 702449

On the inside, is a label. Not sure what language it is, to be honest.

View attachment 702450
This is "Urdu" language, official language of Pakistan.

It says:

Kakwan Brothers Beret Makers.

Produced by Muhammad Nazir.

This is "Urdu" language, official language of Pakistan.

It says:

Kakwan Brothers Beret Makers.

Produced by Muhammad Nazir.
Thank you!!

Now, I am curious, though - would it have been used by area militaries like the Saudi, Kuwaiti or Iraqis by any chance?

The reason I ask, is that American vehicles issued/used by Department of Defense would not have been in Pakistan that I am aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back