Militaria Collecting (2 Viewers)

interesting what was the string around the shell casing for ?
 
I don't know Erich! But that specific night, almost all AA batteries opened fire simultaneously, for over 10 minutes. Was it a training or something else, we never informed.
 
German paperwork for the soldiers as well as the folks back home. Very fragile and of course faded over time so packed in protective covers.
IMG_4395.JPG
 
Where on earth does one find 1944 ammo? Wow!


I have some for sale if you need it.
 
No, thanks- I'll leave it for serious collectors. I wonder where it was all these years?
I have had them for 25 years, I got them from Kent Lomont, and I have no idea who he got them from.
 
Do you think this ammo was 1938 & 1939 production or only "Model 19xx"? Berdan primers & steel cases I assume?
The ammo essentially remained unchanged during the annexation, the only difference was the Reichs Eagle being placed on the box as well as on the headstamp.

The boxes contain two 5-round groups each in an enbloc clip.

The rounds are a copper jacket bullet in a brass casing. Not sure of the primer type, though.

And my apologies - the Steyr is an 8x56r, not 8x57.
 
The ammo essentially remained unchanged during the annexation, the only difference was the Reichs Eagle being placed on the box as well as on the headstamp.

The boxes contain two 5-round groups each in an enbloc clip.

The rounds are a copper jacket bullet in a brass casing. Not sure of the primer type, though.

And my apologies - the Steyr is an 8x56r, not 8x57.
They are Berdan primed.
 
View attachment 709510
These items came from an uncle who took an all expenses paid European vacation courtesy of Uncle Sam. The smaller items were stored in a shoebox. The binoculars have been quite useful.
That is a very nice bunch of insignia!
 
The ammo essentially remained unchanged during the annexation, the only difference was the Reichs Eagle being placed on the box as well as on the headstamp.

The boxes contain two 5-round groups each in an enbloc clip.

The rounds are a copper jacket bullet in a brass casing. Not sure of the primer type, though.

And my apologies - the Steyr is an 8x56r, not 8x57.
I am surprised by the brass casing. Weren't some wartime production steel cases or did that come much later?
 
to the above German WW 2 Naval Flag purchased back in 2001.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back