Militaria Collecting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet DerAdlerIstGelandet I posted these 7 years ago but got no response. I've had it for about 47yrs. Looks pretty rough so it might be a replica. Did some Googlin' and it looks like a paratrooper badge. Found a name, Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Erdmann, in command of the Fallschirmjäger-Division Erdmann so I'm thinking the name on the back of the badge was the division name. Is this a replica?

This badge is a very poor fake

Sometimes its the small things that can be incredibly cool. Today I found and picked up 3 scrapbooks from WW2 with sone complete newspapers and mostly cut outs/clippings of all the major headlines and stories from 1941 to May 1944.

Including:

Pearl Harbor
Fall of Bataan
Fall of Singapore
Battle of Midway
Battle of Coral Sea
Stalingrad (from start to 6th Army Surrender)
Invasion of North Africa
Invasion of Italy

Literally hundreds of clippings/newspapers.

IMG_3533.jpegIMG_3594.jpegIMG_3657.jpegIMG_3658.jpegIMG_3536.jpegIMG_3538.jpegIMG_3543.jpegIMG_3544.jpegIMG_3545.jpegIMG_3576.jpegIMG_3580.jpegIMG_3581.jpegIMG_3582.jpeg

I was at a coin show today and I picked up some British POW Camp money. This is a 3 Pence from 27 May 1942 from Camp 48.

Camp 48 was located at Greenfield Farm, Preisteign in Radnorshire and held Italian POWs from North Africa.

IMG_6806.jpeg

IMG_6807.jpeg

Doing a search online I found this pic from the camp.

IMG_6808.jpeg

Had to go back to the coin show today because my kid wanted some inflation money for his collection, and I went back to the same guy I got the British POW money from, and he had some Stalag Currency German POW camp money, so I picked that up. He has in his personal collection actually marked with camp Oflag XIIIb (where Patton's son in law was held at) and he will sell it to me.

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

Arrived today. A Reichskriegsflagge. It has a lot of tears in it, but that is what attracted me to buying it. I think it gives it more of that war time feel to it, and in many ways is a good representation of the fall of the Third Reich. It will make for a good display in my collection.

IMG_7005.jpeg

I have had this ww2 poster for some time. I was told it was a poster of the sort dropped by allied aircraft on Japanese positions. It is very thin and fragile and was folded when I got it and separated along the fold lines in many places. I keep it rolled in a tube. I have some photo copies of some other leaflets that were definitely dropped on Japanese positions. The owner of the originals was a veteran and said that his crew always dropped them through the flare chute as ordered but always forgot to remove the binding so they effectively became an inert bomb.

The dimensions on this one are 79cm high and 58cm wide

Maybe Shinpachi can translate the text.

1724979541895.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back