Mitsubishi Ki-15 Babs (aka C5M1 C5M2)

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by rlarkin70, Aug 21, 2006.

1. rlarkin70

rlarkin70 New Member

Hello all- Im a brand new member to these forums, so hi. =) My interest is in aviation in general, specifically Second World War aircraft. Mostly I build and fly radio control scale aircraft, but also enjoy reading about aviation history.

To get to my question: I am trying to do some research on a scale subject, the Mitsubishi Ki-15 Babs. This is also known as the C5M2 and C5M1 Babs, I think the designation changed as it was adopted into military service. I believe it began life as a fast mail and transport plane in the 30s.

I really want to try and find some drawings, showing markings and paint schemes, and/or photos of this aircraft, specifically the later models with the "later" cowling, I believe the Ki-15-II. (The early ones had a separated cowl, with quite a gap between the trailing edges and the fuse). So far I have found a couple of 3-views, and 2 photos (B&W) but neither showed the markings on the wing. Also any information on paint schemes/colors would be very helpful.

This seems to be a bit of an obscure aircraft to find information on, so any leads would be great.

There is a book called Japanese Aircraft of the Pacific War which I have yet to find, but would love to know if anyone has it, if it contains any information/drawings of the Babs.

Thanks!
    -Ron

2. Twitch

Twitch Member

historical combat aviation writer
    This is the only color images I have on the Babs. It's not much help but...

Attached Files:

• babs.jpg
      babs.jpg
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
  3. FLYBOYJ

FLYBOYJ "THE GREAT GAZOO"
    Staff Member Moderator

Aircraft Maintenance Manager/ Flight Instructor
  4. CrazyElf

CrazyElf New Member

5. Nightfury

Nightfury New Member

Greetings saw your post about the Ki 51 Babs. Go to Rods WarBirds there you will find thousand of world war two photos there are a few photos of the Ki51 i hope this will help. Cheers! Tim