MK18 gunsight

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rossp51d

Recruit
Sep 8, 2010
G'day,

I am an old Instrument Maker and having a nostalgia attack.

I have started building a P51D Instrument Panel after falling in love with a Commonwealth Mustang at the Point Cook Airforce Museum near Melbourne , Australia.

I have completed the main panel and working on a structure to support it.

I have a Mk 18 Gunsight and endeavouring to mount it, it's quite heavy.

I wonder if anyone out there knows how to to obtain a AAF Tech manual for this model. I need to learn about it.

Thanks in anticipation,

rossp51d.

G'day,

I am an old Instrument Maker and having a nostalgia attack.

I have started building a P51D Instrument Panel after falling in love with a Commonwealth Mustang at the Point Cook Airforce Museum near Melbourne , Australia.

I have completed the main panel and working on a structure to support it.

I have a Mk 18 Gunsight and endeavouring to mount it, it's quite heavy.

I wonder if anyone out there knows how to to obtain a AAF Tech manual for this model. I need to learn about it.

Thanks in anticipation,

rossp51d.

Hi Ross and welcome to the family.

For your info, the '51D had either the K14 or K14A fitted. The K14 A was used on Rocket firing 'Stangs. The K14, Mk18 was the USN version

I have a mint, un-issued K14 and the mounting assembly. I'll take some shots and later on this week I'll post 'em on here for you...probably be over the weekend as its dark when I get home,...if thats any help ?. I also have the operating manual and a whole host of '51 related docs.

You need to post some shots of your project,....might give me the kick up the Rsend I need to get on with mine !

Last edited:
Hello,
New to the site, looking for info on a K-14 Gunsight trainer setup. It looks like a larger sight than normal for class study but I'm not sure. The body is 7" wide and the reflector is 7" X 5.5". Looks like late 1940's construction, comes with computer, range/throttle grip, dimmer and cannon plugged harnesses.
I just wonder how it worked, its 1600 VDC so I have not powered it up, looks like new!

Great site, I'll post some images! Jerry in Colorado

Users who are viewing this thread

Back