Models from different materials

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you!
Paper models are cheaper than plastic that is a fact, but they provide a dose
realism especially the perm formwork for example, enabling the paper to
contributes to the realism of the model. It stands in the paper the main problem are curved because it needs a bit of mastery to cover the joints on such surfaces. Basically not much important material used, but enjoy while making a model of a most preferably if it looks good when it is finished.
Of course, the plastic models can be used a lot of paper parts, such as instrument panels, wheel rims, aileron, etc. ...

I plan on using a paper cockpit to build a 1/72 P-51D. I will never be a master modeler but always enjoy seeing well built models in any medium. When built by the right person paper can be as impressive as plastic.

Using a paper for a model of a such scale isn't a good solution unless the entire model is of paperboard.

I think the amount of paper that is used parts for plastic model and not a problem, especially if you used bigger parts such as the instrument panel, this print detailed table can help to model might look better than the proposed solution out of the box.

The 1/72 scale requires details that are very small and paper isn't a good stuff if you want to get better quality. Many guys have a trouble with making of 1/48 details so what can be said about 1/72 one. Of course we aren't limited in our imagiantion. Here is a cockpit my paperboard 1/33 scale model of P-51 Mustang III with plastic instrument panel. The entire rest of the cockpit was made of paper of course.

33902.jpg

Yes, paper models are usually in the ratio of 1/33 but have them in 1/32. Bombers in this scale are really impressive because of its size, not to mention the cost of paper models, even in self-directed self-help are much cheaper than the plastic models and some are very close in appearance to plastic.
Thanks for the comment.
Best regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back