Montex 1/32 Boomerang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maharg

Airman 1st Class
Apr 5, 2007
Sydney
Large Scale Planes

This looks like it is going to be a must have model. I will be doing a lot of overtime to get this. No stuff it i'll put it on the card and think about paying for it later. :rolleyes:

I love radial engined aircraft, Fw190, P-47, Fokker DXXI, Zero to name a few, but I have always loved our little Boomer.
Designed as Austraila's 'panic' fighter it was hopeless as the interceptor it was designed to be but with great manoeurability and a high rate of climb found she found her niche in ground support and recce.

I can hardly wait for it to be released in Oz. Hope it's soon. :)

thats pretty cool!

I love the Boomerang, just general design I think.

Im just finishing the Airfix version at the moment, post some pictures later i think

I'm wonder what is the cost of the resin Boomerang kit.These resin parts of the kit look very good.

Ah yes Heinz.The models made of resin need cyanoacrylate glues for gluing.Besides the resin is both hard and fragile so you have to be much more careful.For assembling resin kits you need some additional tools: a razor-blade-hand-saw for instance.The advantage of the resin is if an element is crooked you can make it straight using a warm water.The resin becomes soft in the water.Resin models are painted in the same way like plastic ones.The rules for preparation are also the same.

Wurger. Montex is a Polish company ..::MONTEX-MASK::.. [NEWS] I have sent them an email asking about release dates, but so far no reply, maybe you could have a word and let us know. :)
Heinz what Wurger said is spot on. Use thick CA it has a longer setting time, and plenty of ventilation, resin dust and ca fumes can ruin your day. :cry:

Wurger. Montex is a Polish company ..::MONTEX-MASK::.. [NEWS] I have sent them an email asking about release dates, but so far no reply, maybe you could have a word and let us know. :)

MONTEX is a well-known firm which offers masks for painting models mostly.I'll try to find up more on their offering via my friend's shop.

Heinz what Wurger said is spot on. Use thick CA it has a longer setting time, and plenty of ventilation, resin dust and ca fumes can ruin your day. :cry:

It is true.The sandpaper for assembling resin models is needed as an air and as bread :lol: :lol: :lol:
The thick CA ( it is a kind of a gel) has a longer drying time but not only.It has also very unpleasant feature, with steam it makes a white deposit, especially on transparent "glass" parts.So if you want to avoid this be careful with your warm breath,sneezing and yawning.

BTW there is a Czech invention ,a liquid called "DEBONDER".It is both a remover and a thinner for CA glues.Using this one you could easly unglue(sparete) glued parts.

Heinz, Wurger. I found out the hard way that clear parts and CA hate each other. :)
The best thing I have used is a white glue made in Canada called Weldbond its amazing stuff. I'm yet to find something it won't bond, and it cleans up with water. :thumbup:

Pretty cool stuff guys - I have a number of large scale vacuum form plans from "Lone Wolf." They were around in the 80s. the owner of the company ran the business from his garage, unfortunately he had problems and committed suicide. Anyway he put out some great stuff! Mig 15 and 17, MC 202, Canadair Challenger and many more...

I'd love to see the MiG 15 Flyboy. It and the F-86 were made for each other. :)
I have seen some beautiful vacume models. But, i've never had the courage to try one. :rolleyes:

Bad luck about the 'Lone Wolf' guy. :(

I found the Australian distributor for this kit, this is his reply to my email 30/04/07.

'The model kits are almost complete and ready for delivery to me, but are
waiting for a couple of parts from another supplier. I will email you when
they arrive.
The price should be between $150 and $200 depending on shipping costs.
Regards,'

I don't know about the rest of the world. But, when we finaly get it everybody else already has it. :)

Tis a first! We are up with the latest for once :D

All my magazines i buy apart from Street Machine are 2 -3 months behind lol!

Heinz, Wurger. I found out the hard way that clear parts and CA hate each other. :) :

To be honest it is true but to a certain extent only.Simply we have to be more careful with warm and moist air and try to avoid this.Unless, somebody has liked polishing of cockpit conopies.:lol:

The best thing I have used is a white glue made in Canada called Weldbond its amazing stuff. I'm yet to find something it won't bond, and it cleans up with water. :thumbup:

I haven't heard about the glue so far.Could you give more details,please?

Oh wow, thats a lot of money for a static model. I have a couple models that ran that price complete but I can actually make them move through the water under my control or fly them.

Heinz, that sounds about right for mag's M8, They come by boat. :(

Wurger, here's the link. Frank T. Ross Sons - Weldbond I get it from one of the large hardware chains down here.

tpikdave, It sure is a lot of money and i'll have to do some grovelling so 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' will allow me. :lol: But, It depends on what you are into, personally I think it will be worth it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back