Mosquito Mk. VI R.P. Master Switch (Box) info needed (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matthias

Recruit
Feb 17, 2021
GB
Dear all,

im looking for any information regarding the rocket employment weapon system for the Mosquito F.B. Mk VI.

Especially the R.P. Master Switch (box).

Please see attached picture, positions 21 and 22.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Attachments

• RP Box Mk VI.png
    RP Box Mk VI.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 92
No thanks, I have it. I wanted to be sure you could see Fig 26 of Sect 4 Chapter 2 which shows the system up to the rails. I could not find any of this in the wiring diagrams and so the control box is still a bit of a mystery. It might be covered in mod sheets which I'm still in the process of cataloguing. According to my index, it seems I have copies of mods 472, 795, 968, and 1021 that speak to the R.P additions and so I'll need to go through my files to find these.

Back soon, hopefully.

OK, the other mods I have don't appear to be relevant as they don't talk about the switch box but let me know if you want to see them. 795 is for replacing a Mk I RP rail with a Mk III type on the wings, 968 and 1021 are for providing an improved firing button on the throttle lever, though I can't find 1021 at the moment. There are several other mods on my index but I don't have copies of them. Hope this all helps.

Dear Crimea_River, this is a huge step forward. Many thanks!

At last i have a part number now to look for some photos or so.

Thousand thanks!

By any chance, do you have a spare part list for the Mk VI?

Maybe there is a drawing of the switch box.

Mthx in advance!

Hi Matthias. Glad this info was of some help.

I do not have a copy of the Schedule of Spare Parts for the F.B. VI, which would be Volume III, Part 1 of A.P. 2019E. What I can tell you is that, if it's anything like the same for the B. 35 and the P.R. 35, both of which I do have, then they may not be very helpful in whatever it is that you are looking for as it is simply a listing of all part numbers with cross references to assemblies, subassemblies, and stores reference numbers. There are no illustrations showing how it all goes together. I attach a sample below to show what I mean. If you remain interested in getting a copy of this document for the F.B. VI, then I believe that it may be available at the British Archives at Kew.

The part number for the master switch box appears to be N985085A and this would typically correspond to a drawing number. I have already checked my limited drawing collection and I do not have that one unfortunately. However, I do know for a fact that the drawing does exist in private hands and that it is not available to the public.

May I ask what your interest is in this detail and what it is that you are trying to achieve?

Attachments

• IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back