Mustang P-51 D: Low level flyby with awesome V-12 Merlin audio (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TheFlyingAce

Airman
Sep 16, 2019
Recorded at the Hunterfest 2021 in Mollis, Switzerland.

Even the sound while taxing back the runway after landing an then turning (almost idle throttle) is goosebumps material :hearteyes:.

Fabulous!! When adding that second seat, where does the equipment previously occupying that space go? I know much of the former content was radio gear. I presume today's modern radio/nav replacement gear is much smaller, and easier to relocate. Also, has the pilot's seat been moved forward a bit?

Fabulous!! When adding that second seat, where does the equipment previously occupying that space go? I know much of the former content was radio gear. I presume today's modern radio/nav replacement gear is much smaller, and easier to relocate. Also, has the pilot's seat been moved forward a bit?
That is a very good question indeed. Did not find much information / pictures yet. But several modifications are reported. Removing the radio is one of them.

According to wiki there is a civilian modified version of the P51, the Cavalier Mustang.

"The airframes were completely disassembled, the military equipment stripped out, and then rebuilt with a second seat, new avionics, plush leather interiors, luggage bays, and civilian paint schemes". Cavalier Mustang - Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back