Need good Hawker Typhoon pics and videos (short clips)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hallo Concorde247 !!!
I've just gone through profiles you put.Very cool ones,Unfortunately,I've noticed you uploaded some of them twice.Not only Typhoons Tempests but Spits and P51 too.However I like them.Nice ones.

regards

Man was that baby armed ... One pic showing the wing guns being loaded...Wow

Ive allways love the way it looked ...

Now this aircraft never realy got the bugs worked out befor the end of the war..right or wrong..???..And if I'm right ...I wonder how it would of been used and fared...Had it been 'right' from the gate....Or is my info wrong????

I've always found the aircraft strange .... The Brit's were into making small planes ....The Americans is the home of the P-47... And bigger is better...(And "I" would not of said "we" were always right)

Could you dog fight a Typhoon much the way you could a P-47 ... a p-47 was big...It was big but you could dog fight it ..What was the Typoon's 'best' day in combat..?..I bet sinking trains was a ride...lol

Any pics of teh motor ....Or the inside

I keep seeing Tempest and Typhoon in the same places at the same time

Whats a Tempest "to" a Typhoon.....Same plane OR..

It always looked if it should of come out of North American Aircraft shop ...And not Hawker's...(Not a flame)

Hello Tachel,
I may be able to help you. My Father flew Typhoons with 438 squadron in France and Germany. Sadly my Father passed away but I have his logbooks and numerous photos of 438 squadron aircraft, groundcrew and pilots. I still meet with Typhoon pilots in Western Canada comprised of 438, 439 and 440 Canadian Squadrons along with some Canadians that served in RAF rocket firing Typhoon squadrons. I attended a signing of a picture by aviation artist Robert Bailey that depicts 438 squadron attacking a German train, it shows F/Lt Bob Spooner DFC, acting CO for 438 attacking a German train. Bob along with 7 other Typhoon pilots signed the painting. The print will probably be available for public sale shortly.
I also have some pictures of 438 squadron when they were posted in Alaska prior to going over to Europe. They flew P-40's while in Alaska. If you would like copies of photos please E-mail me. The group meets twice a year in Victoria and Vancouver.

Regards

Gordon McDonald

Regards

Gordon McDonald

The second picture posted, that came into question about it being taken in colour or colour added after the war , it was the latter. I had, may well still have, the same picture in it's original black and white.

Typhoons of The 182nd squadron.
source: Warpaint series No.5

Attachments

• TyphoonIB 182sqd RB195_1945.jpg
    TyphoonIB 182sqd RB195_1945.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 127
  • TyphoonIB 182sqd_1945.jpg
    TyphoonIB 182sqd_1945.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 143
  • TyphoonIB 182sqd.jpg
    TyphoonIB 182sqd.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 133