Need info on BMW-003 and HeS 011 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jack_VL

Recruit
Mar 21, 2009
Hello!
I'm looking for information (diagrams, technical data, manuals, etc.) about HeS 011 and BMW-003 jet engines. Can anyone help me find some data on these jets?

Best regards, Jack_VL.

Jack,
There is quite a lot of info about regarding these engines.
It would help if you would list what material you have so we are not sending info already in your possession.

Cheers, Jerry

Pioneering Turbojet Developments of Dr. Hans Von Ohain—From the HeS 1 to the HeS 011 by Cyrus B. Meher-Homji in JEGTP Vol. 122 is pretty good

Also a good book is German jet engine and gas turbine development by Antony L Kay.But should also say the the book was unpublished for about 25 yrs and when it was they did not update it.

Nice article, but I have already seen it. Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Jack,
There is quite a lot of info about regarding these engines.
It would help if you would list what material you have so we are not sending info already in your possession.

Cheers, Jerry

Ok. Here is a list of info I've already found:
Origins of German jet power
http://www.historyfacts.biz/de/04_Publikationen/LeseprobeHeinkelHe162/Heinkel_He_162_Volksjaeger_Anhang.pdf
BMW Jet Engine by Tony Bell
Heinkel HeS 011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EnginesD
BMW 003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USAF
Buckel Galleries
Heinkel HeS 011: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

That's all I have now. Many links, but not a lot of exact data and detailed diagrams.

Pioneering Turbojet Developments of Dr. Hans Von Ohain—From the HeS 1 to the HeS 011 by Cyrus B. Meher-Homji in JEGTP Vol. 122 is pretty good
Also a good book is German jet engine and gas turbine development by Antony L Kay.But should also say the the book was unpublished for about 25 yrs and when it was they did not update it.

Thanks. I'll look for these books.

Best regards, Jack_VL

There is quite a good account of the development of the BMW jet (and a bit on the He 011) in Schlaifer and Heron, pp 408 -417. You can get the CD of this book from Weakforce Press.com for a reasonable cost.

The German language book, "Flugmotoren and Strahltriebwerke" by von Gersdorff et al has some very good drawings even if you can't read the text!

Attachments

• BMW 003_0001.jpg
    BMW 003_0001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,993
  • BMW 003_0002.jpg
    BMW 003_0002.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,103
Jerry!
Thank you ever so much for your help!
I'll try to get these books (and by the way learn how to purchase stuff online).

Best regards, Jack_VL.

psteel!
Very nice article, I haven't seen it before.
Thanks a lot!

Best regards, Jack_VL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back