Need infos about 64th Sentai pilots (and machines) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I would like to have your opinion about 2 Ki-43-II from 64th Sentai.

- The first aircraft of my projects is one flown by Tai-i Yasuhiko Kuroe early 1943 when he was 3rd Chutai leader before he became temporary OC 64th Sentai late in March 1943.
=> Early Ki-43-II model with white (or yellow ?) diagonal fuselage band and white vertical fuselage band. Tail marking with yellow narrow with white edging (or yellow narrow with red edging ?). Overall dark green camo scheme (or irregular blotches or streaks over bare metal ?) and no yellow ID markings on wing leading edges. Apparently this aircraft was flown by Takeshi Endo from late March 1943 to May 1943 and by Yohei Hinoki from May 1943 to November 1943.
Does this model had a landing light ?

- The second aircraft of my projects is one flown by Chu-i Goichi Sumino late 1943/early 1944 when he was in 3rd Chutai.
=> Late Ki-43-II model with white vertical fuselage band. Tail marking with yellow narrow with white edging. Irregular blotches or streaks over bare metal camo scheme with yellow ID markings on wing leading edges.

Could you tell me if my projects are good or not please, TIA.
Regards
Stéph.

The Kagero TopDrawings vol.5 for the Ki-43 plane with the drawings and a list of changings to the aircraft shows the early and mid series without the landing light. According to that it appeared with the late and the final production series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back