Need Pictures of B-17 Kickapoo - 91st BG

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

steven6095

Recruit
Jan 4, 2009
Hello. New around here, but not to WW2 aviation : )

Helping a friend do research on her father.

Have everything except a photo : )

Looking for any photos of a B-17 named Kickapoo assigned to the 91st bomb group.

Tail #
41-24447

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steven

Greetings Steven, I don't have pictures but would be interested in any info that this can bring up. My uncle, Ralston Bixler, went down with the Kickipoo in Feb '43. I found the name of the bomber in the library at the 8th Air Force Museum near Savannah, GA. I don't remember a picture there, but I did not do a thorough search. Good luck, Joe

Found a little bit about the bomber. But no pictures. well as of yet.

91st Bomb Group
401 Bomb Squadron
LL-B was the code for the bomber

Shot down by german fighters near Lorient/France

10 KIA

On several missions flown by the crew of the "Kickapoo", including their last mission, they were accompanied in wing formation by the 324th Bomb Squadron and the crew of Captain Robert K. Morgan flying in the "Memphis Belle"

What was her fathers name. maybe that can help out a little bit.

Hi,
Have been doing some research myself on this Aircraft and do have MACR.

Drop me an email and i will happily send it to you.

Cheers

Gary

Steven was requesting a photo on my behalf. My father was Maj John W (Bill) Eanes. He was a pilot on the Kickapoo, but was not on the Kickapoo's final mission. Any information that you could share (or that I can offer to you) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My husband's uncle was on that plane as the bombardier. His name was Cassius Clay Brandenburg, Jr. we know the Kickapoo went down Feb 1943abd there were no survivors but surely somewhere there is a picture of the plane and the crew. We would love to see them. Thank you

According to "B-17 Nose Art Name Directory", there is no known picture of "Kickapoo"

upload_2017-8-15_23-31-32.png

The book was published in 1996, maybe something has been found since then but it's not on the net that I have searched

Users who are viewing this thread

Back