New England Air Museum

Capt. Vick

Moderator
Staff
Mod
14,077
6,402
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Location
Long Island, New York
Last year I was in Connecticut with my family at a convention for my daughter, so my son and I decided to pop up the the NEAM. Here are some pictures I have been meaning to post. It's a great museum by the way.

20231028_112604.jpg

ABOVE: Yours truly in the cockpit of a former Puerto Rican ANG F-104 Starfighter. I was told the humidity played havoc with the electronics in the bay behind the cockpit.

BELOW: The last of its breed, the
BURNELLI CBY-3 'LOADMASTER'
20231028_114827.jpg
20231028_115059.jpg
20231028_114916.jpg
20231028_114905.jpg
20231028_123957.jpg


BELOW: That 4-engined flying boat in the background, it's the SIKORSKY (sic) VS-44A EXCAMBIAN
20231028_124002.jpg


BELOW: My son next to the beautifully restored crew gondola from a USN Goodyear blimp.
20231028_120119.jpg


BELOW: Model of same. Incredibly detailed.
20231028_120029.jpg


BELOW: My son "Jack" next to his hack. A restored B-29 Superfortress that serves as the 58th Bombardment Wing Memorial.
20231028_122348.jpg
20231028_122332.jpg


Hope you enjoyed the pics!
 
Good stuff!
 
Cool!
 
Great pictures Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back