New to airbrushing and modeling. Did I get the basics?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Justine

Airman 1st Class
Feb 7, 2018
I just purchased this airbrush and compressor today. I also got some aircraft
I also got the memphis Bell 1/48 Id like to try and see if I can paint it correctly.
Im just looking for general info on this kind of painting and what the professionals use and where you guys get your stuff.
Im getting some stuff on Monday the 11th.
Here is what I got

Multi-purpose Airbrush Kit with Compressor Crafts Hobby Art | eBay

Pro-Line RC Body Paint Military Set 6 Pack Proline 6323-04 Airbrush Water Base | eBay

Amazon product ASIN B00PGPY4B0
Amazon product ASIN B000PH7UAQ

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello,

Nice to hear from you. Also hopping yor are fine despite the health problems. I'm fine but it could be better of course.

Regarding the stuff you ordered... the airbrush set looks similar to the one I use. So it should be ok. But the Pro-line paints seem to be not for plastic models. These seem to be for metal car bodies. So I wouldn't recommend them. I would suggest staying with the Vallejo or other colours for plastic models. But the choice is yours of course.

Smiles,

I presume by Memphis Belle you mean your going to build a B17. I admire your courage starting on such a complicated kit.

Might I suggest you try something a bit simpler like a fighter aircraft and build experience from that. I would suggest a 1/72 scale Hellcat it's a relatively simple build and a simple paint job. Ideal for practice and if it goes badly you haven't lost a lot of money.

Well I already built 1 and still actually practicing on my 2nd b17 1/48., and learned a ton and still learning.
The smaller scale I don't like since I cant see all that well, just work better with 1/48.
I will be doing a ton of research and I got messed up other planes to practice on first.
Only way to learn is to just do it

I must have got the wrong impression I thought from your post it was your first model kit.

I wish I had the space to store bigger scale models but I don't so stick to 1/72.

I must have got the wrong impression I thought from your post it was your first model kit.

I wish I had the space to store bigger scale models but I don't so stick to 1/72.

Lol I said I did 2 b17's but i didnt say I actually finished them.
My first was b29 1/48 was
disaster.I still have the thread with pictures from 2 years ago , check it out. Im useing it now to test paints lol.
I did a b17 around same time. Just glued it , hand painted it and gave it to my mom. Aftee I looked at other people's models and realized how I did it all wrong. I couldn't get the paint correct useing walmart rustoliom,
So now ive been on this same b17 for the last 18 months on and off and its 80% puttu, 10% plastic 10% air lol
But I have learned so much messing around with this plane. Its been totally ruined 20 stripping, putty, sandings ago lol
Finally Im.able to get an air brush and crafting tools. looking forward to learning how to do this the right way.

also, All the details are long gone so ive been working on getting some details back.
Not going to paint till next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back