Nine O Nine

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

soulezoo

Senior Airman
Aug 20, 2014
Left coast
Mods, I wasn't sure where to post this. Please move to proper place if necessary.

Last Saturday (June 4) I saw what I believed to be the B-17G Nine O Nine flying over Rocklin California. It appeared to be going to Lincoln California but not sure.

Can anyone confirm that it was the Nine O Nine (I was looking with naked eyes, the aircraft going from Southeast to Northwest at about 150 kts. and 4000') flying in the area? Or perhaps another B-17G? There aren't that many of course...

Anyway, I heard the distinctive drone and looked up to see her going by. I had to simply stop and watch until it was out of sight. I looked around (I was in a busy shopping center parking lot) and it seemed no one else noticed nor cared. I was saddened by that.

That was a wonderful sight to see!

Could you tell if the B-17 was painted or shiny?
Aluminum Overcast was in central California around that time, too.

Just a headsup, the B-17G "Sentimental Journey" will be at Mather at the end of September along with "FiFi", the B-29...

It was painted. I identified it as Nine O Nine (as I recall) due to the red tail with the "A"

I will have to hit the Mather air show. It has been a few years since I have been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back