No on-line photos of repainted TP-51C?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hoggardhigh

Airman 1st Class
Jan 6, 2014
United States
Hi folks,

I've read in this thread that the Collings Foundation's TP-51C, the former "Betty Jane" (N251MX), has been repainted in the colours of "The Stars Look Down", the two-seat P-51B that Eisenhower flew in over the Normandy battlefields in July of 1944.

Yet, almost a year after the linked thread, no photos of this repainted Mustang have surfaced on the web outside of this site, though I have seen photos of the a/c during its repainting process.

Can anyone explain this?

Because it's going under a deep restoration/rebuild currently and the only current photos you'll find, are going to be of it in a hangar in the process of it being reassembled.
Worth noting that if you look here, that process has been underway for about 7 years now. Time will tell if the a/c takes to the air again anytime soon, I guess...

Last edited:
Took these in Aug 2022 at American Aero, NSB Airport, FL
DSCF4111.JPG
DSCF4112.JPG
DSCF4110.JPG

American Aero is a neat place to visit. A few years back I went up there looking for a magneto repair place that is basically co-located with them. I went to the office and asked for directions and they told me to just go outside and walk down the ramp to the third building. I went outside and found that sitting on the ramp not 100 ft away was a B-17 and a B-24. I tried to look nonchalant, as if walking by those warbirds was no big deal....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back