Normandy

pinehilljoe

Staff Sergeant
984
1,130
Joined
May 1, 2016
Location
Northern Virginia, USA
A few years ago I was able to visit Normandy.
 

Attachments

  • Normandy.jpg
    Normandy.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 55
Any more pics?
Many more, I'll try and post on a google drive file or Flikr. In one of the photos I'm standing in front of a piece of the Mulberrys.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1449.JPG
    DSCN1449.JPG
    582 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1397.JPG
    DSCN1397.JPG
    543.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN1426.JPG
    DSCN1426.JPG
    497.8 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN1455.JPG
    DSCN1455.JPG
    656.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN1475.JPG
    DSCN1475.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 56
That's one place on my bucket list.
 
I was fortunate to participate in a week-long Military Battlefield Tour of the Normandy area about 15 years ago. Being a Duty event, we all researched the whole subject and
each member presented a detailed review of specific action at a location visited in the itinerary. These on-the-spot presentations added considerable depth to the whole
tour, with most days having different morning and afternoon main subjects/locations. As with most teaching/instructional tasks, the need to have your information perfectly
prepared was very strong, particularly as we were all well trained in the Pose, Pause,.. Pounce technique of checking understanding!
Overall, a fabulous week, a serious subject!
For those on a less intense tour, Normandy is well worth a visit, but it will enhance your experience to have a good personal update of the whole thing before you go.

Eng
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back